C H A P T E R 2 1

When looking back doesn't interest you anymore, you're doing something right.

"A-are you okay?" Olivia asked me, waving her hand in front of my face as I sat staring off into space.

"Huh? What?" I asked, not entirely hearing or comprehending what she said.

"I asked if you were you okay? You look pretty shaken up," She observed.

I was brought back to the real world. Holy crap. What had I done? That wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't mean to expose Ethan like that in front of about a dozen people.

I was so stupid. I shouldn't have done anything in the first place. I had taken it too far. Granted the towel slipped by mistake and it was probably Ethan's fault that he didn't tie it tight enough.

But I felt like I was largely at fault here. If I wouldn't have done what I did, it probably wouldn't have happened and my eyes would've still being innocent and not exposed to a heart attack triggering sight so precipitously.

"Julie!" Olivia suddenly yelled.

"What?" I asked with widened eyes, not expecting her sudden outburst.

"You've been spacing out? What happened? You okay?" She asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I answered absentmindedly.

"Really? Now tell me what's wrong? What happened?"

I contemplated whether I should tell her or not. I didn't want Ethan to feel like I did that on purpose and now I was telling everyone about it.

"Something happened. Something huge happened."

"What? You're scaring me. Did anyone find out about us?" Olivia  gasped when I didn't reply. "Oh my gosh, someone did find out, didn't they? Who's it? Holy shit, we have to get out of here. I should've listened to you! I'm so stupid."

"Gosh, calm down. No one found out. We're safe."

"Then what happened?"

"I had planned on stealing Ethan's clothes while he was in the shower and locked his closet. And then he burst into my room with him in a towel because he didn't have any clothes to wear and I had accidentally thrown his out of the window, because you didn't catch it. So I ran away from him and he ran after me and we ended up in a room full of people who I assumed were the ones Ethan was supposed to meet. We both fell down because he bumped into me from behind. And when he got up, his towel slipped down from his waist and...and we all saw that thing." I shuddered as the image flashed into my mind without permission. My cheeks heated up. I couldn't shake that image out of my head.

"What?!" Olivia's eyes were wide as saucers. "You saw him fully naked?"

I winced at her words. "Yeah, and all the twelve plus people saw it too. It happened in front of everyone."

"Oh. My. God. Ethan's going to kill you!"

"Thanks, I didn't know that," I deadpanned.

"Where is he now?"

I shrugged. "How am I supposed to know? He must be in his room. I know I would be if something like that happened to me."

"What're you going to do now?"

"I don't know, pray that he doesn't kill me?"

"With your luck, I won't be surprised if I got to hear that you were found dead in a ditch or an alley."