C H A P T E R 4 0

Just enjoy where you are now.

"Ashley," Heather breathed out. "What're you doing here?"

Ashley eyed us suspiciously.

"I can ask you the same thing. Anyways, I'm here to find you because Rachael is looking for you for God knows what reason so you better find her and talk to her right now before she goes berserk."

Our synchronized sighs of relief followed. Ashley didn't hear our talk.

Heather nodded. "I'll go find her right away."

Heather left and with a small smile in my direction, Ashley left for her room too. I closed the door and rested my head against it. That was close. If Ashley had heard us, we were bound to get in big trouble.

***

The next morning I found Ethan in the hotel lobby with his phone and laptop surrounding him. As soon as he caught sight of me, he instantly snatched his phone and held it protectively against his chest.

I chuckled and made my way to where he was sitting.

"Don't worry, I won't damage your phone." I said, taking a seat next to him.

"I can never trust you with that." For extra measure, he pushed his phone into his pocket.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I eyed up the files in front of him and the various tabs open on the laptop.

Ethan glanced at the laptop and shrugged. "I don't have much work to do today and that's kind of boring. I don't know what to do. I'm looking for any meetings or any other work I have in Paris but I think I did most of it yesterday."

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"Why do you like to work so much? You're such a workaholic." I gestured at the table to prove my point.

"I'm not. I just don't know what else to do right now and just because I like to work a little too much does not mean that I'm a workaholic."

"Did you even have a little fun in the time that we've been here?"

Ethan cleared his throat and I could see the beginning of a smirk forming at the corner of his lips. "It depends on what you mean by fun."

I threw a backrest pillow at him which hit him at the side of his face. "Not like that, you shithead."

Ethan let out a laugh. "Well, then no I didn't have fun."

I pointed a finger at him. "That's because you don't know how to have fun."

"Then teach me."

I stood up and looked down at him. "Get up."

"What? Why?"

I grabbed his arm and pulled him up. " I'm going to make sure you have fun for once in your life."

"Okay? Wait, let me drop my things in my room."

I saw a man who was part of the hotel staff walk by and stopped him. "Here, take it to Ethan's room. Thank you." I said, shoving the laptop in the man's hand who looked confused for a bit. I gave him his room number and he left to complete the task.

I turned back to Ethan. "Now let's go."

Ethan followed me out of the hotel. "Where are we going?"