C H A P T E R 1 9

Fake is the new trend and everyone seems to be in style.

"I see you had a good start to your morning," Ethan commented when I entered the kitchen. He was sat at the breakfast bar, sipping on a cup of coffee. The steam from the cup swirled above in beautiful patterns before disappearing into thin air. It made me crave for a nice hot chocolate or coffee.

"That was a lame thing to do to get back at me, you have to admit," I replied as I poured myself a glass of water instead.

Ethan shrugged. "That's all I could think of when I walked into your room and found you sleeping soundly. Mess with my sleep and I'll mess with yours."

I shook my head at him. "How did you even get into my room?"

"The door was ajar. I couldn't help myself. You were basically calling for it."

"I don't know what to say to you," I sighed as I drank the water. It glided down my parched throat painfully. I didn't eat or drink anything after those two glasses of beer. And after the awful start to my morning, my head was throbbing.

We just sat there in silence, staring at each other before I broke eye contact to drink my water again. Ethan was checking his phone which was vibrating every two minutes. He was dressed in a simple red T-shirt with dark blue jeans. His hair was slightly damp so I assumed he just had a shower.

Olivia was upstairs in her room, showering and trying to look less like a hungover teenager with racoon eyes.

After about five minutes, Ethan wordlessly got up and made his way out of the kitchen after placing his empty coffee cup into the sink. A maid who was quietly cleaning the kitchen washed off the cup before leaving it to dry off.

"Do you want something, Ms. Jenson?" She asked me. "Breakfast, perhaps?"

"Oh, no. I'll eat breakfast after I get ready." I answered. "And by the way, do you know when the cooks are available? Like around noon or something?"

"They can be available any time you want. When do you need them?"

"I'll let you know when. It might be tomorrow. I'll just need them for an hour or two. I hope they wouldn't mind that, would they?" I asked, an idea forming in my mind. I was free all day and instead of wasting my time enjoying the underserved luxuries of a billionaire lifestyle, I was going to try to do something productive which would hopefully come handy in the future after I leave this place.

"No, I assure you that it'll be perfectly fine with them," The maid replied and I nodded at her.

"Thank you."

***

Around noon that day, I got a very unexpected call from Mrs. Jenson who sounded excited beyond belief when she informed me that Rachael and Antonio Jenson, my alleged siblings were coming to visit me.

Meaning, I was screwed.

"What?!" I yelled, spinning on my heel to come face to face with the full length mirror in the walk-in closet.

"I knew you'd be happy and excited about them coming!" Charlotte gushed on the other end while I was just trying to calm myself down as I was ten seconds from hyperventilating or having a panic attack. "I think they'll be there around evening. They desperately wanted to see their little baby sister."

"Why are they coming?" I asked, coming off as rude and I really didn't mean to sound that way. It was just the panic and frustration that had me over the edge.