C H A P T E R 6 9

It doesn't matter where you are going, it's who you have beside you.❞

"Care to tell me why you're kidnapping me at office hours for no apparent reason?" I asked once I was seated in the passenger seat. I looked up at the bright sun scorching down at us, right above our heads.

He shut my door for me while looking around sneakily.

"I'm taking you on a date." He whispered into my open window.

"Right now? Aren't you supposed to be working?"

"Is what your parents think but I already told my manager to clear my schedule from this afternoon."

He rounded to the driver's seat and slid in.

"Wow. You chose something else over work? That's new. That's good. You should do that every now and then."

"Yeah, it was you who has made me want to not be in my office lately. I'm yet to decide if it's a good thing." He said, pulling away from the house.

"It is. There was going to be a breaking point soon anyway. You have been working hard for many years, making us feel as if we are good for nothing." It was true. I felt utterly useless and a gold digger to be here when I could see how hard Ethan was constantly working although I was sure there was no need for that. It only made me more determined to study well and get a good job. In some level, us being kidnapped had turned out to be a good thing. I was able to give more time to my academics and self growth. I had grown more mature and I couldn't wait to get out of here and prove myself to the world. For some reason I wanted to prove myself to Heather so that she could really believe me when I said that I wasn't a gold digger or had any other intention and was stuck here purely by some twisted fate.

He chuckled. "I didn't mean to. Anyway this date isn't really planned and I really just wanted to spend time with you so I don't know what you'll think of it."

"Ethan, anything's fine really."

We were driving into hilly areas and had gotten quite far away from the city. The cars on the road started lessening and I started to wondered where exactly he was taking me and to do what.

My questions were answered when he drove into the parking lot of a water park. Our first date since we got together was at a water park.

"This was unexpected. I didn't bring a change of clothes." I said.

"I've got it covered." He said as he opened the trunk of the car, pulling out two small bags. He bought us two tickets and we gave the bags at the counter to put it in a locker and then he led me into the park.

It wasn't crowded at all owing to the fact that it was the middle of the week. Everyone was busy, stuck in their offices hoping Friday would come sooner.

It felt weird to be just the two of us here along with a few people.

We changed into clothes that he had brought along so it wouldn't matter if it got wet.

"Where do you want to go on first?" He asked as we met up in front of the changing rooms.

I looked ahead. All the rides seemed deadly. I wasn't scared. It was just that I hadn't been to a water park in ages.

But I knew this was going to be fun, especially because I was here with Ethan.

"That one." I pointed at a simple cylindrical slide which ended in the large pool at the base.