C H A P T E R 6 5

To have someone understand your mind is a different kind of intimacy.❞

"So what's my score for last night's date?" I asked the moment he opened his door.

"Huh..." he said, glancing around confusedly. "Ah...the date."

"Well...?"

"I just woke up. Be a little patient, Juliet."

"But I waited for nine hours since our date ended!"

"Then wait for a few more."

"Okay."

We both headed downstairs for breakfast.

"So I know what I have to do for our next date." I said as soon as we were done and Ethan was about to go get ready for work.

"Juliet, you don't have to rush things. Take your time planning them."

"I know but I also know that our next date is going to be so much fun. I can't think of anything better than it."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Why? Did you not like last night's date?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. It was sweet of you to make me experience something I didn't during college. I really don't know."

"So what about the scores?"

"I think I'll just tell the scores after we are done with all the three dates."

"Okay. So about our next date, will you be free this Saturday and Sunday?"

"Both days?"

I nodded. "Both days." It was surely a big thing for him. I didn't think he ever took two days off simultaneously.

"What are we going to do?"

"That's for me to plan and for you to find out when it's Saturday." I said, booping his nose. "Just be free on that day!"

"Sure will be."

Then I left him in front of his room to let him get ready for the day ahead.

I had a lot to do. My plan for the next date was to go hiking on a mountain. There was a lake nearby as well. I heard there were cabins located at the top and I had to book one in advance. I also had to arrange for things we'd need there.

If he was disappointed with last night's date, this was going to make it up for it.

***

"Mom, dad. Ethan and I are planning to go hiking this Saturday and Sunday." I announced.

"Hiking? Why the sudden plans?" My dad asked.

"I just felt like we both needed a little fun. You know how Ethan's been working so hard these past months. It will good for him."

"Who else is going?" My mom asked.

"Just us two."

They did not seem comfortable with that. "Are you sure it'll be safe?"

"Of course. The place where we're going hiking is well populated. It's safe. I haven't heard of any wild animals there. It's just about three to four hours of hiking. I've booked a cabin there. They provide breakfast, lunch and dinner. If we need help with anything, I'm sure there will be people to help."

"Honey, we don't have any doubt about that. What I'm asking is, will you and Ethan be okay with each other?"

"What do you mean?"