Prologue

Prologue

"I like you!"

My voice echoed through the hallway. It made everyone that heard my voice halted whatever they're doing just to look at me, but the person whom I want to receive my confession didn't even bother to stop and just continue walking.

When he was already out of this embarassing scene, everyone started to murmur and whisper things about me.

Instead of feeling down, I just grinned and shook my head because of amusement.

Ang sungit niya talaga!

"What the fuck was that, Zarina?"

And here comes my friend who's going to lecture me again about my stupidity.

Ngiting-ngiti ko siyang nilingon. Nagpacute pa ako kahit na alam kong wala namang epekto 'yon sa kaniya.

"I confessed." I told her along with my sweet smile.

"Confessed to whom? Sa hangin?" She sarcastically asked.

"I confessed to Jace. Hindi nga niya ako pinansin eh. Ang sungit niya no?" I said and giggled while reminiscing Jace walking away even though I already confessed to him my true feelings.

I saw Elle facepalmed before she sighed to calm herself. If she won't calm herself, I'm pretty sure that she will growl at me.

"Jace Lael Sy?" she asked and I nodded enthusiastically. "Are you serious, Zarina? Alam mo namang walang pinapansing babae 'yon. Galit nga ata yun sa mga babae eh."

I immediately shook my head to defend Jace.

"Hindi siya galit sa mga babae dahil babae ang Mommy niya at pati ang isang kapatid niya. Si Liana, remember? Kagrupo natin siya sa PE before!" sabi ko kag Abrielle.

"Of course I still remember Liana." sabi naman niya. "But the point here is, he hates girls except for his mother and sister."

"And what makes you think that he hates girls, huh?" Paghamon ko sa kaniya at saka humalukipkip.

"Because he hates girls!" she exclaimed.

"You didn't even answer my question." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"As you can see, Zarina, kung hindi mo pa pansin o kung nagtatanga-tangahan ka lang talaga, wala siyang pakialam sa mga babaeng nasa paligid niya at lalo na sa mga nagkakagusto sa kaniya." She explained her argument. "Huwag mong sayangin ang ganda mo sa lalaking wala namang pakialam sa'yo. Ang dami-dami diyang nagkakagusto sa'yo."

"Elle, you don't understand me at all." Ngumuso ako at inalala ang unang beses kong pagkakita kay Jace nung freshmen students pa lamang kami. "Unang kita ko palang sa kaniya, alam kong siya na."

"Zarina, madami pang nandiyan. I'm sure na makakahanap ka pa ng iba. Mag-e-eighteen ka pa nga lang eh." sabi naman ni Abrielle sa akin.

My eyes slightly widened when she reminded me that my eighteenth birthday's already around the corner. My parents organized a traditional elegant debut for my coming of age.

"Nakalimutan ko!" pagsinghal ko nang maalala ko. "Aayain ko pa pala si Jace na maging escort at pang-eighteenth rose ko sa debut ko."

"You're really delusional, Zarina. You think he will agree with that?" Halos matawa siya sa akin.

I gave her a meaningful smile and nodded. "He will." I determinedly said. "I'm going to make him attend my debut."

"That's the most absurd thing that I've ever heard from you, Zarina." she said and rolled her eyes.