Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Beautiful

"Ang gwapo niya talaga!" I squealed when Abrielle sent me a new batch of Jace's stolen pictures.

I looked at the screen of my iPad and saw Abrielle frowning at me.

Nothing's new with her expression everytime I asked her to send me pictures of Jace. Kahit naman naiinis siya at ayaw niyang gawin ay pinipicturan niya pa rin si Jace para sa akin.

I was so enthusiastic when I've learned that Abrielle and Jace are studying in the same university. Kahit wala ako doon ay nandiyan naman si Abrielle para tulungan ako. I'm really lucky to have a bestfriend like her.

"Zarina, I would just like to remind you that I already have a boyfriend." She reminded me. "He doesn't want me taking pictures of Jace. Nagseselos siya kahit na ilang beses kong i-explain na para sa'yo 'yun."

I pursed my lips and felt slightly guilty. "Don't worry. I'll talk to him for you." Sabi ko nalang sa nakiya. "At saka kung ayaw niyang ikaw ang kukuha ng pictures eh di siya nalang ang pagkuhain mo."

Abrielle facepalmed and frowned even more. I know that she's just trying to hold in her frustrations.

"I don't know what to do with you anymore, Zarina." She said. "Alam mo, kung kasama kita ngayon ay baka nabatukan na kita. Pasalamat ka at nandiyan ka sa New York."

"Thank God I'm in New York!" Ngiting-ngiti ko namang sabi at itinaas pa ang dalawang kamay ko.

Muli naman akong sumeryoso nang makitang hindi na talaga natutuwa si Abrielle sa pinaggagawa ko. Looks like I need to stop now before I exceed her threshold.

"I'm serious, Zarina." Her voice toned down and became more serious. "It's been three years already. Aren't you done with Jace? It's time to be serious. You should find a lover there in New York. Ang daming gwapo diyan!"

"Ikaw na nga ang nagsabi, Elle..." I trailed off before I continued. "It's been three years since I left, you still think that I'm not serious with Jace?"

I barely survived the last days of being a senior high student before we graduated. I wanted so much to talk to him or at least get closer, but I did my best to avoid him because I promised.

Tuwing nakakasalubong ko siya ay kunwari'y hangin lamang siya kahit na ang gusto kong gawin ay harangan siya sa paglalakad at guluhin siya sa pagiging masiyadong seryoso.

"Zarina."

Halos mapatalon ako nang may tumawag sa akin. I turned around and found Liana smiling at me. She is Jace's twin.

Unlike Jace, she's more open to others. She's warm, nice and friendly. She's completely the opposite of her twin. Others told me that we're kinda alike. Iyon nga lang, Liana is more graceful and reserved than I am.

"Liana! Hello!" I cheerfully greeted her, but shock was still evident on my tone because she just talked to me.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to attend your debut last time when you invited me and my twin." She still apologized though almost three weeks have already passed since my debut.

"It's okay, Liana." Your twin attending my debut is already fine with me, I wanted to add, but I didn't 'cause that would be so disrespectful of me.

"Well to make up for it, I'm inviting you to my debut next month. The invitation isn't with me right now but I can give it you once its already produced. Maybe next week." She said.

Next month... Our graduation's already in three weeks. Three days after, it will be my scheduled flight to New York.

"Uhm, anong date?" I carefully asked her.