Chapter 20

Chapter 20
Inherited

My heart beat beats its current fastest record when we arrived at their house.

The metallic gate opened in an instant after Jace let the car horned for two times. It revealed a majestic modern styled house that had a very intricate exterior design. The drive way even made their house look grander. It was way bigger than our home.

Jace halted the car in front of the staircase that leads to their main door. Kahit na lumabas na siya sa sasakyan ay hindi ako kumilos sa aking kinauupuan. Napilitan lamang ako nang pagbuksan niya ako ng pintuan.

He let out his flattened palm. "Let's go inside," he said.

I let him hold my hand, and he placed it on his arm when I got out of the car. I moved closer to him. He just turned to me and gave me an assuring smile.

Pakiramdam ko ay pabigat nang pabigat ang aking hakbang habang papalapit kami nang papalapit sa pintuan ng kanilang tahanan.

Jace opened the door, and a guy who somehow looked like him was the first one I saw when entered. He must be Jace and Liana's younger brother. If I remembered correctly, his name's Jonathan. When I was stalking Jace when we were still in high school, I learned that they're three of them.

He stopped from doing his thing when he sensed us at the front door. He turned to look at us and his brows immediately shot up as his eyes travelled to my hand on Jace's arm.

Bahagya naman akong nahiya kaya itinago ko ito ng kaunti. Naramdaman naman 'yon ni Jace kaya muli niyang inayos ang aking kamay sa kanyang braso.

"There's no need to hide," he told me before facing his brother. "Jath, where are they?"

Napanguso naman ako. Was it really Jonathan? Or Jath was only his nickname?

"At the garden, Kuya," Jath answered and stared at me, looking very intimidating. "Is she Zarina?"

"Ate Zarina, Jath," he corrected his brother. "She's older than you."

Jath chuckled before he came closer to me. He smiled at me and offered his hand for a handshake.

I can't help but to pin point Jath's similarities with Jace. His smile resembled Jace's but of course, no one can make me feel like how Jace can. Even their eyes were somehow similar, but Jace's eyes were deeper and apathetic, while his were expressive.

"Jonathan Eaves Sy," he introduced himself. "You can just call me Jath."

"Jath, hello. Nice to meet you," I shyly said and made a handshake with him. "Zarina Rivadelo."

Once again, he chuckled before he let go. "I've heard your name a lot of times for the past couple of days so, there's really no need for you to introduce yourself."

I bit my lower lip as I felt my cheeks heated up. I didn't think I can survive this day.

"Jath, mom needs you―"

Liana stepped in from the glass sliding door where I could see their garden. She was even holding roses and stopped when her eyes caught mine.

"Oh my God! You're here already!" she exclaimed.

Nagmadali si Liana papalapit sa amin. Agad niya akong niyakap at nakipagbeso kaya naman napabitaw ako kay Jace. Ngiting-ngiti siya habang nakatingin sa akin bago sinulyapan ang kanyang kakambal.

"You're finally here!" she said. "Mom's so thrilled in meeting you, Zarina. And, oh! By the way, Dad prepared these roses for you."

She gave me those three roses that she was holding.