Chapter 27

Chapter 27
Indifferent

"Jace, baka hanapin tayo nina Saddie dahil hindi tayo nakasunod sa kanila," nag-aalala kong sabi kay Jace habang hinihila niya ako patungo sa kabilang hallway.

The dining area's downstairs. We were supposed to eat our dinner with them. I thought we were going down to go outside of the hotel, but when we passed by the grand staircase, I realized that we won't.

"I already told Monique that I'm gonna take you alone for a dinner tonight when she knocked on our suite earlier," he said. "She must have told your friends about it."

"Saan naman tayo magdi-dinner dito?" tanong ko sa kanya. "Nasa baba ang dining room ng hotel."

He looked at me and grinned. "Who says we're gonna eat dinner in the dining room?"

My forehead creased when he gave me a very meaningful look before pulling out a key card on his pocket. I was the one holding our suite's key card so that's not definitely for our room.

I was surprised when he used the key card to open a suite that I didn't book. He placed the card on the power source of the room for the electricity to run.

My jaw literally dropped when I saw a spacious suite. There was no bed, couch nor cabinet inside it but a decorated candle lit dinner at the center. Red and white rose petals were scattered on the floor. The curtains were opened that displayed the mysterious night view of Calle Crisologo, and the moon that's in a waning gibbous phase, shining in the middle of the darkness along with glitter-like stars.

Biting my lower lip from being speechless, my heart pounded so fast and hard the moment I felt something cold on my neck.

I looked down to take a look at it and saw that Jace gave me a gold necklace with a simple but elegant rose pendant. There was a small diamond engraved in the middle of it. Maingat kong hinawakan ang pendant at inangat nang kaonti upang makita ko ito ng mabuti.

"Jace..." Ang pangalan niya na lang ang aking tanging nasabi dahil hindi ko mahanap ang mga salitang dapat at nais kong sabihin sa kanya.

I didn't expect that he would do something like this. I wasn't even aware.

Well, that's one thing about Jace that makes me go even crazier. He does all unexpected things in the most unexpected time. You wouldn't even have a gut that he has something prepared for you.

"Did you like it?" he asked me from behind. "Mom came with me at the jewelry store. She wanted me to buy a heart shaped pendant because she said that it seemed to be your type but... that rose pendant caught my attention."

I gently caressed the pendant, admiring its intricate details.

"When I saw it, I suddenly remembered your debut before. I was your eighteenth dance... your eighteenth rose..." he reminisced. "And when you said yes to me, I also gave you a bouquet of roses. It reminded me of you... of us."

Hindi na mapigilan ng aking mga mata ang pag-iinit ng bawat sulok nito hanggang sa tuluyan nang mamuo ang luha. Even though my vision's already a blur because of the tears, it's amazing how I can still see the pendant so clearly.

"I really hope you like it..."

Slowly, I felt his arms wrapped around my waist. He even rested his chin on my shoulder in order to check the necklace he gave me.

"Since when did you become so romantic, Jace?" I playfully asked him. "Parang kailan lang, wala kang kaalam-alam sa mga ganitong bagay..."

Ibinaba ko ang aking kamay upang hawakan ang kanyang kamay na nasa aking tiyan.