Chapter 11

Don't forget to comment down your thoughts. I love reading and learning from them. Thank you!

-----

Chapter 11
Ran Away

I was lost in the middle of my thoughts while driving on my way to the restaurant, but when I saw my mom waiting at the restaurant's entrance, I quickly parked my car to attend to her.

"Mommy..." I called her attention when I was already closer.

She turned to me and her face immediately beamed. Mabilis siyang lumapit sa akin at hinalikan ako sa aking pisngi bilang pagbati.

"They are already inside. I told them that I will wait for you to arrive," she said.

"You could've just waited inside, mom. Dadating naman ako," sabi ko.

Umiling naman siya at saka muling ngumiti. "Sandali lang naman akong naghintay," sabi niya. "Anyway, halika na sa loob at ipapakilala na kita sa kanila."

Hindi na ako nakapagsalita pa at agad na akong hinila ni mommy papasok sa loob. Kung sobrang nasasabik siya kahapon ay mas malala pa ang pagkasabik na pinapakita niya ngayon.

Malayo pa lang ay nakikita ko na ang pamilyar na mukha ng mga Ortiguera. Ang mag-ina ay nakangiti habang nag-uusap at hindi napansin an gaming pagdating hanggang sa tuluyan na kaming nakarating sa lamesa.

I saw how quick Dylan's eyes shifted from his mom to mine, and I looked away to face his mother instead. The smile he was wearing just a few moments ago faded.

I can't help but to notice how his eyes seemed so familiar. It was somehow strange. Those deep set of cold eyes reminded me of someone else's eyes.

I smiled at Madam Ortiguera in front of me who was already eyeing me with a pleasing stare.

"Is she your daughter, Erina?" she asked my mom with a smile plastered on her face.

"Yes, she is," Mom proudly answered and held my arm. "She looks more like her father than me."

Madam Ortiguera laughed before she lent out her hand to me. "Hello, Zarina. I believe that's your name."

Tumango naman ako at ngumiti bago tinanggap ang kanyang kamay. "Nice to meet you po, Madam."

"Oh! Don't call me Madam, Zarina. Just Tita Sylvia," she said.

"Okay po, Tita Sylvia," sabi ko na lang.

Inilipat naman niya ang tingin sa kanyang anak. I tried to peek at his son only to find him still giving me the same dark stare. Gusto kong umiwas ulit ng tingin pero kaysa gawin 'yon ay ginawaran ko na lang siya ng isang matamis na ngiti.

I saw his lips slightly parted when I smiled and, it somehow melted the ice on his eyes.

"This is my only son, by the way," she started to introduce her son. "He is Dylan Ortiguera. I'm not sure if you're familiar with each other or not..."

"It's my first time meeting him, Tita," I honestly said.

"We actually met before," he suddenly said that made my eyes widened in surprise.

Muling nadirekta ang aking tingin sa kanya. Natahimik naman bigla ang aming mga ina dahil sa bigla niyang pagsasalita.

"We've met before?" Hindi makapaniwala kong sabi.

I tried to remember all the faces I've encountered when I was in the Philippines, but I really can't remember him. Or... did I actually meet him when I was still in New York?