Chapter 14

Please comment your thoughts about the story. You can also tweet it under the hashtag: #ArcticHeartNinaWP. Thank you!

-----

Chapter 14
Scene

"Did you have fun today?" Dylan asked me when we got inside my office.

Fun?

Thousands of pain bolted in to destroy my heart completely in just one day. Well, maybe those familiar emotions enjoyed hurting me, but I didn't.

"Uhm... Ayos lang," sabi ko na lang. "We just did an ocular. Hindi naman kami namasyal. And besides, I still have a lot of things on my hand that I have to do before I can have fun."

"Didn't know you're so workaholic..." he commented.

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment for us businessmen and women, but I'll just think of it like that," I said and smiled at him before hanging the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

He laughed and opened the office's door for me in order for me to get out with ease.

I realized that it was very natural of him to do these chilvaric moves. Sigurado akong ganito rin siya sa ibang babae dahil mukhang sanay na sanay siyang maging gentleman.

"If you'll actually allow me, I want to take you out tonight and have some fun," he said when we were inside the elevator.

Nagtaas naman ako ng kilay sa kanya upang marinig pa ang ibang sasabihin niya.

"A friend of mine's hosting a party at Prive tonight," he said. "I want to bring you with me, if it's fine with you. But if you don't want to, it's okay. I'll just drive you on your way home before I go there."

"What's the party for?" I probed.

"It's his birthday party," he answered.

Lumabi naman ako at nag-isip. "Hanggang anong oras mo balak magstay roon?"

"If you're gonna come with me and you want to go home already then, we will go home," he assured me.

And because of that, I agreed to come with him to the party. I wanted to have some fun as well.

I also texted my mom to ask for her permission, and she immediately agreed knowing that I was gonna be with Dylan. Hindi ko maipagkakailang naging maluwag sa akin si mommy dahil sa pakikisamang ipinapakita ko kay Dylan.

I've been to bars and club parties with my friends when I was still in New York, but this was the first time that I'd be able to experience night life in Manila.

Pagkalabas na pagkalabas ko sa kanyang sasakyan pagkarating namin sa Prive, agad na sumabay sa pag-indayog ng mahinang tunog galing sa loob ng club ang pagtambol ng aking puso.

I was having that feeling of freedom again. I really missed my friends in New York who introduced me to the outer parts of the world where I was locked in before.

"Let's go," Dylan whispered as he casually held my hand.

Ibinaba ang tingin sa aming kamay na magkahawak. Sobrang rahan ngunit may pagkahigpit din ang kanyang pagkakahawak sa aking kamay.

I was waiting for a certain feeling to change my emotion. He already let go of my hand to show his invite at the bouncer for us to come in and held my hand again, but I didn't feel anything special. It was frustrating.

Jace can just look at me without exerting any effort, but I can already feel thousands of emotion mixing up inside my soul while with Dylan, we were already skin against skin, and I still wasn't able to feel something that can make me feel ecstatic.