Chapter 18

I like reading comments a lot. Please do share your thoughts and comment it down.

-----

Chapter 18
Countless

Jace Sy:
Morning!

My morning started with a message from Jace which was completely different than his message yesterday morning. You can immediately spot the changes, but the way I was feeling while reading it remained the same. It was like nothing had change.

I checked the time he sent the message and it had been only five minutes. I immediately typed my reply.

Me:
Good morning!

I was planning to put some emoticons, but I didn't allow myself to. He might find it too corny that was why I kept it plain and simple. At least I wished for his morning to be good and not like his literal morning message.

It might be an exaggerated use of figure of speech, but in a speed of light, I instantly got a reply from him.

I can never get enough of simple moments like this. We were just exchanging text messages but for me, it felt like we were already exchanging our vows.

Only my love for Jace can make me think of these silly thoughts.

Jace Sy:
I can't drive you to your office today. I have some son duties today. Need to chauffeur my mom and help her in buying groceries for tonight's dinner.

Reading his message being a good son made me smile. I replied that I understand before heading towards the bathroom. If I'm gonna wait for his reply, I wouldn't be able to take a bath and I'd be late for work.

After taking a bath, I went to my phone first and read his reply.

Jace Sy:
Thanks! I'll still be attending the meeting later, though. See you.

I sighed and as much as I'd love to text him back, I stopped myself. I wouldn't be able to do anything this morning if I'll keep on texting him. And so, I focused in preparing myself for today's work and tonight's dinner.

Rummaging through my closet of dresses, a simple light pink knee-length dress with golden floral embroideries caught my attention. It was simple yet elegant looking. I decided to wear that one.

After I was done, I went downstairs to find the dining area unusually quiet. Dad was the only person on the dining, sipping his coffee and reading newspaper which was issued today.

"Good morning, dad," I greeted him and kissed his cheek.

He beamed at me and signed me to sit down and eat some breakfast.

"Jace will not pick you up today?" he asked me while I'm putting foods on my plate.

Averting my eyes from the food, I looked at my dad and shook my head. "He'll accompany his mom grocery shopping," I answered. "But he'll go to my office later for our meeting, and we will go straight to their house after."

Daddy looked satisfied with my answer. He focused reading the newspaper again when my eyes drifted to my mom's vacant seat. My heart sank thinking about her. She wasn't here with us to eat breakfast.

I glanced at my father who seemed fine. I wondered if that was just his façade not to make me worry or they're really fine already.

"Dad..." I called his attention that I immediately got as soon as I called him.

"Hmm?" he hummed.

"Are you and mom okay already?" I asked him, hoping for a good answer.

Without hesitation, he smiled and nodded at me. "We're fine," he answered. "Don't worry about us too much. I can handle your mom."