Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Nick

Yeah, sure Tony hates me and I don't like her either. I have always teased her since the first time I met her in first grade, in kindergarten I would have teased her but she was always around Alec and he looked stronger than me back then so I didn't want to mess with him. I grew up and I have a very fit body, better than Alec's, mister captain of the swim team, so I'm not afraid to tease his little friend Tony. Why do I tease her? I don't know, ever since I saw her in kindergarten, I thought to myself, she's the one. She's the one I'm going to torment till graduation and maybe till college if we end up going to the same one, that would suck for her. I know it's messed up but when I saw her that first day of kindergarten I felt something, and I wasn't sure what it meant at the time, but I thought it meant, I don't like this girl I'll just pick on her. And now that I'm thinking back on it, that is exactly what that feeling meant back than.

Going back to what I was saying, yeah sure Tony hates me and I don't like her either, but her kicking me out of her house in front of her brother and his friends was just too much. I actually felt hurt from something she did. Usually I don't get affected by her rude remarks, I just laugh or come up with a better one.

"I'm sorry Nick, I don't;t know whats wrong with her today" Tyler says.

"You don't have to apologize for her" I say "I'd like to hear it from herself"

"I don't think thats a good idea when she's like this" Liam says.

"It's not a good idea to leave me like this" I say and walk into the house and upstairs to her room. I open the door and find Alec and Tony staring at me surprised to see me up here.

"What do you want?" Tony asks coldly.

"Those weren't the words I was looking for" I say.

"Oh sorry let me try that again" Tony says with fake sympathy "get out"

"That's not it either" I say.

"What is it?" Tony asks even more annoyed than before.

"I came for an apology" I say.

"An apology?" Tony says "You really think I'm going to apologize to you?"

I shrug, "Yeah, why not?"

"Why not?" Tony repeats the question, "there so many reasons"

"Name one" I say.

"You have teased me, bullied me, and have embarrassed me for years" Tony says.

"I said name one"

"I should be the one receiving an apology" Tony says.

"I'm asking nicely" I say.

"So am I" Tony says gritting her teeth.

Wow, she must really hate me, that just makes me more annoyed. I walk over to her and she backs away, "are you afraid of me?" I ask.

"What? No!" Tony says defenselessly.

"Than why do you keep moving back?" I ask.

"Cause you keep moving closer to me, I don't like being near you" Tony says.

"Cause your scared" I say.

"Cause I don't like you" Tony corrects me.

I stop moving forward, "You've hurt my feelings" I say and turn to the door, "see you at school" I say and walk out the door. I head down stairs to find Liam and Tyler talking in the second living room. I take my sweater off the couch and put my shoes on.

"I'll come back for my clothes and return yours another time" I say "I don't want to stay here any longer" I walk out the front door and lift my hand up and make a little wave, waving goodbye before I close the door.

When I get home I change into warm dry clothes and lay in bed. I thought of Tony saying she didn't like me. I've heard her saying that to me many times but this time it hurt. Maybe because the way she said it this time, she sounded so serious and it sounded as if she truly didn't like me at all. All the other times I've heard her say 'I don't like you' or 'I hate you' weren't the same as when she said it today, she truly meant it this time. She hurt my feelings. I don't like it when someone hurts my feelings. I don't like the feeling of getting hurt. I can't wait till school starting next week.