6 ~ Something Just Like This

"Cause you're a sky , cause you're a sky full of stars ..I'm gonna give you my heart"...

I sat up straight in my chair... All of a sudden, before I could say jack, the basement, which is where detention is conducted had been transformed into a mini night club.... Complete with multi coloured light bulbs, speakers, a DJ with mixers, turntables and all....

" And me lady, you're welcome to Brentwood underground... " I heard red yelling....

She had to yell... The whole place exploded when Coldplay - Sky full of stars came up...

Oh. My. Goshhhhh...

This was totally cool... And to think that this has been going on in all my eleven years ( possibly so) in Brentwood High, while I had been boring my self to death in the library , which coincidentally was situated directly above the basement...

Directly. Above. The. Basement..
Directly. Above ..

" Red!! " I yelled... " We're gonna get caught! According to my calculations, this club is directly below the library, which is a very quiet place , " I wasn't even sure she was listening... " Bottom line, we're going to friggin get caught... " I deadpanned...

"No honey! " she yelled back..." The soundproof's it" and besides, this has been going on for decades, how could we possibly get caught? " she asked... "Besides, we posted the few nerds we could convince , with pay of course, to the entrance upstairs... So you see dear, if Brown ever decides to come this way, which I strongly doubt she will, we'll be aware a full fifteen minutes before she reaches here"

"Live a little dear...." With that statement in the air, she flung her hair and yelled along with the rest of the crowd as Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers came on...

Suddenly, I felt someone pull me back by my waist... Turning around sharply, my eyes landed on the guy I had seen earlier drugging the teacher....

"He. Is. Cute... Freaking.. Cute... " I heard a voice in my head whisper...

"Hey, name's Jason" he yelled...

"Want to dance?"...

I knew I ought to say something, but for some weird reason, I couldn't... Ohh.. This was the second time today that I became tongue tied and stupefied in front of a boy.. First time was in front of Aiden at the cafeteria....

" Mind telling me your name?"..

In a blink, I realized I was dancing with him...

"Uh. Uhh.. " I stuttered..

"Nice name you've got, uh uhh..." He taunted, trying to make me feel comfortable..

Excuse me, but I for one have never, and probably will never be good at engaging in conversations.... Especially when the person in question looks like he was dropped directly from heaven...

A blush had successfully managed to creep its way up to my cheeks.. Trying hard to hide it, but failing miserably of course, I answered...

"Name's Kaylee.. Not. Um. Uh. Very good at these conversation err thingys..."

" oh, yeah, that's okay"

Huh?

Smiling at my dumbfounded look, he went on...

"Yeah, I used to be the shy type, till I met Jam..."