8~ Berlin |2|

Entering into the building, I felt  like I was on Cloud 9 . It was even better than I had imagined. The lights. The deafening music. Not to mention the number of bodies grinding against each other and the unmistakable pungent smell of alcohol. A part of me was scared and nervous, I mean, I've never been to a night club before, my parents made sure of that, but the other half of me loved all this and desperately wanted to be part of it. I felt a rush of freedom. Having always been a good kid, the dark part in me, the dark part in everyone , just like the proverbial dark side of the moon that no one ever sees, was threatening to surface.

         Making my way through the crowd, I followed Maica and Jason to a back room, where members of her crew were waiting. I still found it hard to believe that Jason and Jamaica were a part of all this. I wasn't jealous, I just felt like I needed to be a part of it also. Although, I couldn't see myself doing anything here. I was just a regular music lover.

        Shrugging, I let Maica continue with the introductions. Her crew members, I found out, were just four. Two girls and two boys, excluding herself.

           "You guys, this is Kaylee, a friend from school. "

         "Kaylee, meet my crew. Jade, Wayne, Freda and Jeremy." I recognised the Jeremy guy from the party in school earlier. Freda, was a blonde blue eyed girl I knew from the school's dance club.. The other two, Wayne and Jade I hadn't met before..

       After the hello's , hi's and nice meeting you's were exchanged, the Freda girl made her way over to Jason , then she placed her hand on his chest.

      Feeling a pang of jealousy, I began wondering.. Do they have something together.. Why is she touching him that way.. She isn't that beautiful, but then she's a dancer, maybe that's why he's interested in her?  I stopped myself from wondering any further. Jason wasn't even my boyfriend, agreed, I was attracted to him, but then there's Adrian.. Who I don't even know if I'm dating now or not. It was all so confusing.

       "Hey people! We're up in ten." " let's go change.. Locker room now! " Maica yelled at her crew.

       "Have fun Kay" she hugged me. "Make sure you stay with Jason throughout, don't get into any fights, don't accept drinks from strangers, don't leave your cup unattended to , don't get wasted, don't get pregnant, don't..."

         "Okay okay. I get it..." I stepped back , raising my hands up.

         Sheesh. She sounded like my mother. Even worse.

        Leaving with her crew to wherever, I was left alone with Jason. Turning around slowly, I made my way over to him.

         "Soooo, what time do you take over the turntables?" I asked, as we made our way back to the dance hall.

        Taking my hand, he led me to the top of the building, where the DJ booth was located., before answering.

        "I'm up in about thirty minutes"

     Looking at my watch, I saw that it was almost 11 :30pm. Wow. I had never been out late.. This late, before.

        I tend to ask a lot of questions when I'm nervous or around quiet people. Right now, I was pretty nervous. Standing next to Jason and being in Berlin..

        "Till when?"

        "About 3am"

         "So, we are leaving by 3?"

         "Yep"

          "Okay"

       This is hopeless. Trying to make a conversation with him that is...