11 ~ In love with Judas

"We're here." Adrian said.

    Turning to look at him, I searched his face to see if he was annoyed or angry or something.

         Nothing. Blank.

  Sheesh. He probably got acting genes from his dad.

       I got out of the car and took in my surroundings.

              "Er. Is this Disneyland ? Or am I dreaming?" I asked as I stared up at the castle which turned out to be Adrian's house.

           Laughing, he said "Nehh. Wish it was though.. "

           Peering at the white walls, the cobbled stone driveway, the colourful garden, I thought about my own house.

        Okay. Let's not wash dirty linen in public.

      My house is okay, I guess.

            Brentwood was divided into three major classes... I live in the middle class section. Adrian , Lexi and the rest of the rich kids lived in the upper class. Jason and maica though, live in the lower class section. The part filled with bad gangs, red light districts and all. The kind of place you won't let your kid visit at night.

           As he opened the giant doors for me , I felt my jaw drop. All the way down. The inside looked even better than the outside. Paintings hung on the walls on either side of the long hallway which led to the living room. Looking up, a magnificent chandelier stared down at me.

             "Wow." I breathed. "You guys are royalty"

             Laughing at that, he took my hand and led me up the winding staircase. He stopped in front of a door , took out his keys and unlocked it.

          Two rules my mum gave me about boys when I hit puberty:

       One- Never enter into a guys room, if no one else is home.

     Two- If you do, make sure to not sit on his bed.

        My mums warnings flashed through my mind as I did these two things.

        It wasn't my fault really. It wasn't like I could tell him. Oh. Adrian. I can't enter into your room, cause my mum said so....? Or Adrian can you clear that chair off of your boy junk so I can sit , even after you've told me I can sit on the bed?

         Okay, I'll admit. It was a wrong step I took. Two wrong steps. Considering the fact that he had tried to kiss me just that morning. I knew he wouldn't try to do any stuff like that, but still...

          "I have to admit, you're the first girl to enter my room."

         Oh..

    I seriously doubt that. He's not as bad as Rodney, but I've heard certain tales involving him and quite a number of the cheerleaders in this very room.

       On that very bed I was sitting.

             Eewwww...

     I jumped up from where I was sitting , as that thought registered.

        Bumping into Adrian who was standing right in my front, he held onto my waist to steady me.

        The air was charged and before long, he brushed my hair back from my face and pulled me in for a kiss.

        Damn. His lips were just as I had imagined, feathery soft and plum. After a few seconds , he pulled me even closer with the kiss intensifying every passing second. After a while, I came back to my senses and tried to pull away, but that only worsened everything as I slipped and fell back on the bed.

         With Adrian on top of me...

    His eyes burned into mine and I saw in it an emotion that could make a thousand things happen, if care was not taken.

       Desire..

     Swallowing, I realised I was still in that same position. I wanted to push him off, but one half of me wanted to stay that way. To revel in the warmth emanating from him.

         "Will you be my girlfriend Kaylee?" He asked out if breath.

      Stunned, I could only stare back at him.

          "Please say yes. I. I love.. I like you a lot" he stuttered.

        I gasped. He had almost said he loved me..

         "Yes." I breathed.

                   ...........................

           "Oh hey...!"

     I bumped into the same person I had been trying to avoid for a week now.

        Jason

     "Have you been avoiding me?" He asked , smirking.

     "Me? No. Why would I?" I laughed nervously

       At this, he grinned devilishly. Discomfort was clearly written across my forehead.

        "Um. I gotta run" I said, slowly walking around him , with my eyes on the door.

         Before I could make my escape, he grabbed my arm.

        "Not so fast , miss" he smirked like the devil himself.

        "You've been missing practice" he shook his head in mock sadness.

        "Oh. Yeah. That" I was burning inside. Being near him was not safe.

       " My place. 5. This evening" he said as he let go of my arm and walked away.

           Slumping against my locker , I thought "How on earth did I get myself into this?"

                      .........................