Chapter 32

The first thing Feyre noticed when she came to was someone else's labored breathing. She opened her eyelid just enough to make out a flash of dull white in the darkness of the room.

He must have sensed that she had woken up because some chains rattled, and Feyre heard a body crawling towards her. The already labored breathing became heavier and heavier as the male came near, and Feyre's heart broke when she smelled the High Lord of Day's light and sunny scent intermingled with a dark fear.

"Feyre?" he whispered, finally pulling himself close enough to reach out. 

She could see a brokeness in the Spell-Cleaver's eyes that she had never seen before. Her own eyes swept down over him, his white and gold cloak was in tatters around him, and there was dirt covering him from head to toe. Feyre sniffed delicately and immediately regretted it, learning Helion hadn't taken a proper bath in almost a month. 

Grabbing his outstretched hand, Feyre whispered back, "Oh, Helion. Are you hurt?"

"Just a little bruised I think," he replied, trying his best to give her a small smile. Feyre could smell the lie on him as well as the the blood. 

"No, you're not." 

Reaching out with her mind, Feyre tried to summon the healing properties in her blood, but nothing came at all. Trying again, Feyre felt her magic brush up against an ancient invisible barrier against her powers.

"What's going on, Helion? Where are we?"

He sighed, "I think we're on Hybern, but I can't be sure."

Without her healing magic, Feyre was restricted to the very limited amount of knowledge she had learned while she was a human hunter. Pressing against his chest lightly with one finger, Feyre's heart sank. He had at least three broken ribs and more than likely one of his lungs was punctured, causing the labored breathing.

"What happened to you?" 

Helion laid his head back against the stone wall before answering, "My men and I were riding back to the Day Court after the Council Meetings. I couldn't winnow all of them back, and I wasn't in much of a hurry anyway. We were just about to the border of Dawn and Day when we started to hear screaming. "

"We went to investigate, and I somehow got separated from my men. I felt something dark lurking in the woods, which I thought was odd that far north, but I suspected a naga and continued on. And then, I couldn't walk anymore, and she came out of the darkness, first as a shadow and then as a Fae. After that, I can't remember. I woke up here."

"How did you break your ribs?"

He visibly winced, "Her guards drag me upstairs sometimes. Her Majesty will command me to tell her about things, sometimes that I have never heard of and has them beat me when I don't know the answers."

"What does she ask you about?" Feyre breathed.

"Prophecies. Spells. Portals. Prythian," Helion stopped, looking away from her. "You."

"Me? What does she want from me?" 

"She thinks you know how to-----," Helion was interrupted by the scraping of the door to the small, cramped room. 

Light flooded into the room, and Feyre crained her neck to see around the three guards that poured into the room. The males smelled off, otherworldly, and Feyre suddenly wished she had never gone after the Suriel. 

One of the guards punched Helion in the jaw and dragged him once again to the far wall. The chains around his ankles rattled as the guard shortened their length.

He moved to punch Helion again, and Feyre cried out, "No! Stop! You're going to kill him!"

The guard stopped, looked her over, and proceeded to punch Helion twice instead. 

He gave her a sadistic smirk as the other two guards dragged her from the room and through a delicately beautiful hallway. Even as she kicked and thrashed, the two of them carried her like she was nothing at all. Feyre didn't stop yelling as they threw her onto the hard floor.

Looking up, she saw the ornately carved throne looming over the room, and in it, the same petite woman who had appeared to Feyre in the Spring Court before blacking out. The woman's skin was so white, Feyre could see some of the veins under her skin, but it was her eyes that Feyre focused on. The violet in them did nothing to hide the dark and twisted soul that lay beneath.

"Feyre darling. So glad to see you again," the female said, standing up and moving down the stairs towards her. 

Feyre said nothing as the woman approached and grabbed her chin. She turned her face from side to side, and when she released her, Feyre knew she would have bruises from her tight hold. 

"Who are you? What do you want?" Feyre asked quietly defiant. 

The female seemed to mull it over in her mind before replying, "I am Your Majesty. As for what i want," she paused, "I want everything and revenge. It doesn't have to be in that order."

Feyre just looked at her as she returned to her throne. 

"And you, Feyre darling, are going to help me get it."