8. Ed

Y/N's perspective

"Come on, Shawn. I'm sure this will be amazing !" I tell him at the same time of hugging him before he goes on stage.

I sit on a chair in the backstage, looking at my best friend singing the first song of the show. It could have become annoying concert after concert, but it's not. His tour started 4 months ago, but every night, I still get those butterflies when I hear him sing those beautiful songs. Can you imagine what it does to you when you see your best friend for over 10 years performing in front of thousands of people ? Damn, it's magic.

Shawn invited me to go with him on tour, and I gladly accepted. We have been traveling all around the world together since April, and right now, we're in New York. That's a beautiful city, a beautiful stage, and a beautiful crowd.

I can't stop smiling as I watch this tall Canadian boy who used to be so insecure before, but now, he is standing in front of all those fans with so much confidence. It's breath-taking.

The show carries on normally until loud screams erupt from the fans. That's only after 10 long seconds that I realize something.

ED SHEERAN JUST WALKED ON STAGE WITH HIS GUITAR, AND HE IS NOW SINGING WITH SHAWN !

Oh my god ! That's the fucking surprise Shawn was talking about during the Q&A this afternoon ! The same suprise he has never wanted to give me a clue about.

I scream, even if I'm surrounded by Shawn's team, and jump out of my chair. Shawn knows I'm a huge fan, and I understand now why he didn't tell me anything. He glances at me quickly, still singing with our idol before laying his eyes back on the screaming crowd. This little smirk at the corner of his lips tells me he's proud of his surprise working on me. He's enjoying this moment, you can see it on his face. It makes my heart flutter to know he is so happy. He deserves this, he has been working hard to be where he is today.

The most perfect smile takes place on Shawn's face as the song ends. The both of them hug each other before Ed leaves the stage. The band stops playing, letting Shawn talk to his fans.

"Ok, guys. I really hope you liked the surprise. This is amazing, and all of this happens because you are here. Without you, I couldn't have shared a moment like this one with one of my favorite artists. You guys are incredible. Hope you enjoyed the show as well, and I promise I'll come back soon." He says with difficulty because of his unsteady breath.

The crowd laughs at the word "soon", which makes Shawn's smile grow even bigger.

"NEW YORK CITY, I LOVE YOU !" He screams before coming backstage.

I run to him, and jump in his arms. I hug him tightly, and I feel his arms do the same.

"I'm so proud of you, Shawn." I whisper.

I pull away and look him in the eyes. His hair is sticking on his forehead, his eyes are sparkling, and his smile is still at the same place.

"Did you like this little suprise ?" He laughs slightly.

I nudge his arm and giggle a bit.

"Little surprise ?! Shawn ! It was Ed Sheeran ! Ed. Fucking. Sheeran." I say, tears of happiness starting to form at the corner of my eyes.

"And it's not over." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me to his dressing room.

He opens the door and lets me walk in first. My eyes shoot open when I see the British man sitting on the couch.

"Holy shit" is all what I manage to say, which makes Shawn chuckle again. His arm finds my waist as he leads me to Ed. The ginger haired guy stands up and offers me his hand.

"Nice to meet you. Y/N, right ?"

My jaw drops as my name leaves his mouth. I'm so dizzy that I don't even notice he's waiting for me to shake his hand. Shawn slaps my butt gently to make me realize what's happening.

Ed Sheeran is standing in front of me and wants to start a conversation with me. Fuck.

Once I realize, I shake his hand and sit next to him. For more than one hour, we've talked together about a lot of things, but I haven't stopped telling him how much I love his music and his voice, which made him and Shawn giggle more than once.

He finally stands up and hugs Shawn and me one last time before telling us he was waited. The moment he leaves the room, I turn around to face Shawn and wipe the few tears of happiness that are still on my face.

I don't know why and how, but I place my hands on my best friend's cheeks and kiss him passionately. He doesn't respond at first but eventually starts moving his lips with mine. I pull away and look at the ground. I don't know what just happened...

"I-I'm sorry, Shawn. I don't know why I did that. I... It's... I-It's just all those feelings I got tonight, I guess." I stutter, red raising on my cheeks.

"Happy to know my surprise pleased you." He simply replies before reconnecting our lips together.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I almost cried when I saw this picture. It makes me feel so proud of this little boy. He deserves it so much.

Shawn Mendes ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara