Chapter 3

Playlist ♪♫

"You may be Pretty, you may be Talented. But nobody will remember that, if you're mean." - Katie Holmes.

Emerald's POV

So he's the very important client that Zion mentioned. Darn it. Zion doesn't exaggerate things, but right now, he did! 

If only I knew that I'd be dealing with one of the three musketeers, I shouldn't have done my whole day's work in the morning. To think that I'd save the whole afternoon for him! Ray, my master jewelry designer could deal with him.

But he's here now. Harry Allen. Staring at me like I'm a piece of specimen. 

"If you could wait for a moment, I'm going to change my dress." 

"How many minutes would that be." He checked the time on his wrist watch briefly and looked at me again. "Thirty minutes? One hour? I don't have enough time, Barbie, let's get into business now." 

"Excuse me? Don't call me Barbie. My name is Emerald and I hate pink!"

"Okay. I got it. Loud and clear." He shrugged his shoulders. "What happened to your dress?"

""I spilled my drink. A bodyguard shove me at the mall because the prince  was passing my way." I said, emphasizing the word prince.

"Ahh- so you were not watching where you were going." He laughed quietly. "You haven't changed. Still imagining the mall as your runway." 

Shit! This man is a jerk, a judgmental bastard. Ugh! I hate him. 

He was showing his real personality now and provoking me to let out my inner bitch. But I got class and confidence, and business comes first.  I wanted to hear what he came here for before I'd grill him alive.  

I smiled brightly at him. A smile that did not reach my eyes. I hope he could see the FUCK YOU in my smile. 

"Let's start business, then." I went to my desk and settled on my chair. "What can I do for you?"

He followed me and sat on a chair in front of my desk. "I'm here to ask you to make a crown."

"A crown?"

"Yup. A queen's crown."

A soft gasp escaped my lips. I stared at him, could not believe what I've just heard. "Wait... wait. I don't understand."

"I'm working as a new Crown Jeweller in the British Royal Household right now. The King ordered a new crown for the succeeding queen. It has to be finished in three months time."

"Oh my God! Really?"

"Yeah. The one we have in the palace will be displayed in a museum."

The disgusting feeling I had for him immediately died down. I pinched myself to check that I was not dreaming. 

It was a dream come true to make the queen's crown. It would bring so much honor to my family and the Petrakis Gems company - considering that I just started it six months ago, and instantly, it would become a household name! My family would be so proud of me.

I planned to have our first Jewellery exhibition soon. To showcase our finest and exclusive jewelry designs. I had the portfolio with me, the best artworks of our jewelry collections. I kept it personally, so no one could steal or copy the designs. 

And now, being offered to do the queen's crown would be amazing. Fantastic. The crown would be the highlight of our exhibit. 

"Do you have the design?" I could not wait to see the design and check if we have the gems needed for it. It would take weeks, sometimes months to order the gems in different countries. 

"Nope."

"Oh..." My excitement died a little. "Not even a picture in your phone?"

He shook his head. "The King will discuss with you personally the details of the crown, that's why he's inviting you to the Royal Palace for a week."

I could not contain the excitement that I was feeling at that moment. I was invited to the Royal Palace. I've never been inside the Palace before. It would be a great honor, a dream to meet the Royal Family... especially the King... and Prince Philip.

"That's why you have to start packing now. We have to leave at exactly eight in the morning tomorrow." Harry's demanding voice brought me back to the present. 

"Oh nooo! I have an appointment tomorrow with the Kardashians... " My heart sank thinking of meeting them. I'd been looking forward working with them for months. 

Harry's lips twisted, his eyebrows snapped together. "Okay, it's your choice. There's plenty of Jewellers who will grab the opportunity to make the crown."

Of course there would be, Regina Stone for one. I could already imagine her smiling proudly as she'd be honored by the King and Prince Philip for making the crown. She would make the headlines. No way!

"No... no. I mean, I'm going with you."

"Are you sure?" His eyebrows raised inquiringly.

"Absolutely." I answered firmly. I wanted this so badly. 

"Good. I'll pick you up tomorrow at seven in the morning."

That is too early. I sighed heavily.

**Don't forget to Vote and Share this story**