Chapter 39

Harry's POV

Emerald and I went inside the house, and saw her father, Eros Petrakis at the minibar. My heart immediately pounded as he glared at me with murderous eyes. Oh no... I don't need another punch, my jaw hurt already.

"Take care of her." He said, offering me a drink when Emerald left my side to greet her cousins. 

"I will Mr. Petrakis. I have good intentions with your daughter. I love her." I took a sip of the drink he offered, it was a neat and dry whiskey. The hard liquor almost choke me. 

He nodded as the corner of his lips twisted in a brief smile. "Make sure you know what you're getting into, Harry. Emerald could be very unpredictable sometimes." He poured himself a drink and sat at the bar's stool.

I was relieved that his expression turned friendly, back to his normal treatment on me. I sat on the stool beside him and continued with a polite smile. I remembered him calling me 'British boy' before, he was annoyed that I was leading Emerald on. It was just for fun, and yeah, I was guilty of provoking him. 

"I know, but that's what I love about her. There's no dull moments with her."

"I agree on that." He lifted his drink in a toast. 

We talked about my family, the crown Emerald was commissioned to make, the palace and England. He asked about my duties as a prince and my advocacies. Everything seemed fine until he dropped the warning bomb. 

"We treat you as a family, Harry. If you'll mess up with Emerald, you'll be messing up with me, right? I'm a terrible enemy, I'm sure you know that." He chuckled and sipped his wine. 

That was a threat and supposed to make my feet shook. But my love for Emerald overpowered. I had nothing to be afraid of since I have good intentions on her. No one could drive me away from her, even thousands of millions of her father or brother. I could handle that.

Talking to Zion was tougher. As best friends, we were used talking with no filters and inhibitions. The problem with knowing each other too well.

"Shit man! I trusted you with Emerald. How could you do this? I thought you treat her like a sister."

"I did not say that, you just assumed." I defended myself. 

"No way," he shook his head, "this is not easy to take in." He gave me his brutal and unfriendly stare. 

"You can't blame me, I'm only human. She's so beautiful and I fell damn hard for her.  You know this better, bro. You can't choose the one you love like you did with Claire, remember?"

"Don't change the topic, we're talking about my sister here, for heaven's sake, I know about your sex escapades, you told me about your sexual fantasies... dammit Harry, I swear I'm going to kill you if you'll experiment that with my sister."

I did not anticipate this to happen. The problem of having my best friend's sister as a girlfriend. He knew too much about me. I always thought he would be okay. 

 "What the hell! I even saw you fuck Betty Jones inside my car! You hook up with Olivia, Kendall. and our teacher, Miss Wilkinson."

"We were young, we did too many crazy things. You did too, don't be too vain. It's just fortunate that you married Claire."

"Another mention of Claire, and you're dead." He threatened me with a shake on his head. He was like his father whose ego was bigger than the entire universe. These Petrakis men were driving me nuts!

"So you don't approve of me for your sister?" I still asked him although it was clear to me already.

"I don't know... I just need time to get use to it." His eyebrows snapped together.