Chapter 34

*For all who live in the USA*

Emerald's POV

I just went out of the shower, preparing for my date with Harry when my best friend, Athena Niarchos called.

"Have you seen the nasty article in the internet?" 

"About what?" I sat down at the vanity table inside the bathroom and reached for the blow dryer.

"About you! You messed up with another scandal again."

My heart stopped. Oh God. I knew this is going to happen.

I almost ran out of the bathroom and to the bed where my laptop was lying,

"Kevin Hill told the paparazzi that  he's your boyfriend and you're cheating on him by sleeping with the future King of England." Athena continued.

What?! 

How could Kevin do this to me. I felt bad that he kissed me in front of the paparazzi. I was so mad that I left him before I could say anything harsh that I would regret later. And now, I found out that he allowed himself to be interviewed by them?

"That jerk! He's lying." I burst angrily.

"There's a picture of you two kissing outside a cafe."

"He stole that kiss, I was caught off guard! I don't know what's up with him, coming here in England and suddenly acting like a protective boyfriend."

"He assumes that there's something more in your friendship with him. The first time I met him, my instinct told me that he could not be trusted." Athena rasped.

"I always made it clear to him that we were just going out as friends."

"I know. That guy needs a poke on the head, he could not take rejection."

 I googled my name and instantly, I saw the article. Darn it.

I was called a spoiled brat bitch, a cheater to Kevin Hill and a snake to Prince Philip and Princess Camila's romance. The two royals were due to get married next year and now the relationship became shaky because of me!

Heat rose up to my face as anger veered to rage.

How could they write things like this. They were destroying me with these false allegations. 

I grind my teeth as I continued reading, while Athena was ranting and cursing Kevin Hill. 

There was a mention of my company, the Petrakis Gems. I was offered by the king to make the queen's crown and stay in the royal palace for a week. But I took the opportunity to force myself into Prince Philip. 

Shit!  Kevin told them about the crown. That asshole! It was not supposed to be known to the public. 

I read on and felt more disgusted when I was labeled as the spoiled heiress of the Petrakis fortune who is itching to be the next queen of England.

My family would be furious, once they'd hear about this. Dad and Zion would hunt the paparazzi for publishing such article, ruining me as a person, my reputation and my company. Everything was lies and extremely embarrassing on my part. 

I could not imagine the king's reaction when he'd find out about this. He would be very disappointed of this new scandal I brought in the palace. I was like a jinx to them.

My biggest concern was Harry...

"So, what are you going to do now?" Athena asked. 

"I'm going to talk to Harry. What he's going to say on this."