Chapter 41

Harry's POV

I did not expect Emerald's father, Eros Petrakis to join us. To be honest, I invited him out of courtesy, but he said yes!

I felt a bit of regret, since I wanted Emerald to be by myself, at least for an hour. But having her father with us, we could barely talk about personal topics. 

But it was better to look at the positive side. It would be a great opportunity for us to bond again. I remembered the terrible time we bonded when I was fifteen, I joined him and Zion in their kickboxing sparring match. He taught me some kickboxing skills and had me flat on the floor all the time. I was no match on him. 

"Get up boy, you can do it. Release that fierce animal within you. Don't accept defeat, fight!" Eros Petrakis said as he had me lying on the floor for the nth time. 

I felt battered already, all my defences were slowing down due to fatigue. But I had to get up and show the man that I was not a coward, I was a fighter. I stood up to fight him again, that time I was aiming for revenge. 

I got few kicks but before I'd end up on the floor again, I lunged at him and bit his shoulder. 

Eros Petrakis shouted angrily and pushed me away from him. "What are you, a vampire!"

The match ended and I got my revenge. I learned from Zion that the bite left a good mark on his dad's right shoulder.

And now... 

I was sitting at the back of Eros Petrakis' Bugatti. Alone. Listening to him and Emerald talking about the business and Emerald's current company problem. Though she kept me engaged in their conversation by asking about my opinion, so I would not feel left out.

"When are you going back to England?" Mr. Petrakis asked, his eyes directed at me on the rear view mirror.

"In a week."  I answered.

I saw the sudden relief in his eyes followed by a satisfied nod. "That's right. You can't leave England for long, the people and the country needs you. When you'll be a king, it's like you're married to them." He said followed by a chuckle.

"But Harry will be back immediately." Emerald said.

The brightness in his eyes easily died down as he frowned at me.

After a few minutes, we arrived in a fancy fine dining French restaurant. Walter who went ahead together with my other bodyguards greeted  us in the restaurant entrance. He was with a guy, I assumed the restaurant manager. 

The manager ushered us to a private room, and to my surprise, the room was filled with red roses, dimmed light and scented candles. 

What the hell...  in broad daylight outside! 

It reminded me of a seduction scene in a movie. Either my assistant, Lloyd or the restaurant manager took my instruction in exaggeration. I just said a simple intimate lunch. 

My face burned with embarrassment as Mr. Petrakis walked in the middle of the room and looked at the table, then shifted his attention from me to Emerald. 

"I ordered a simple intimate dinner." I turned to the manager, feeling so defensive. 

"I apologise, your royal highness. There's a misunderstanding in the instructions. I'll have this fixed immediately."

"Thank you. Please hurry up."

"But I love what you've done." Emerald turned to the manager. "It's beautiful. Can we just leave it as is?"

"Are you sure?" I made a gesture looking at her dad who had his back on us.

"Very sure." She leaned closer to me, so close that I could feel her warm breath against my cheek as she whispered. "Dad wouldn't mind." 

"As you wish. But let's turn the lights on, okay."

She nodded, then we settled in our seats as the manager turned on the lights. I blew the light from the scented candle on the table and brushed the red petals. This is so awkward.

Lunch was doing great, the food was delicious and the conversations were light, about family, common friends, the weather, food and England. 

"Dad helps in the engineering projects and coordinate with the constructions of new roads. He has a lot of things on his hands, right now."

"Great, what about your mom? Is she still writing children's books?"

"Yeah, she is. But she is into writing romance novels." I continued and told him about my twin sister, London who worked as a celebrity fashion adviser. 

Dessert was served, a moist chocolate truffle cupcake with white icing on top and a bowl of three flavoured refreshing sorbet - persimmon, pomegranate and blueberry. 

"You love chocolates dad, you can have this." Emerald pushed her plate of chocolate truffle cupcake to her dad. 

"Thanks, sweetie. It's delicious." His eyes went bright as he looked at the cupcake with glossy icing. He finished his share already very quickly.

"Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom." Emerald stood up and left us. 

"Sure." I answered as I watched her went out of the door.

I was surprised when I heard Mr. Petrakis coughing very hard, like he was choking. 

"Are you okay?" 

He was flushing red and gasping for breath. He was holding his neck and his eyes were wide staring at me, asking for help.

He was choking. 

What the hell! Did he just swallow the whole cupcake?

I stood up and performed the Heimlich Maneuever at him immediately. In one push, something came out of his mouth, and a sound of light metal object clattered on the tiled floor. 

Bloody hell!

My heart ran fast as I had a feeling of what it was.

Eros Petrakis recovered and drank a glass of water. He squatted down and took the object under the table. He cleaned the object with is jacket and examined it very closely. And when he turned to me, the look in his eyes was like a man ready to murder someone... me!

"What do you think you're doing British boy! Are you trying to kill me? Or Emerald for that matter?" His voice and expression were full of rage as he stood up.

"No, of course not sir, I really apologize."

He slammed the object on the table and pushed it at me. "Go back to England, Bristish boy, and leave my daughter alone. I don't care if you're a prince, a king or anything. You're not going to give this to her, now, tonight or anytime!  Or I swear, I'll be your worse enemy. You'd wish you've never met me."

My heart sank as I looked at the object - my grandmother's engagement ring. I instructed Lloyd very clearly to do it tonight. He messed up with my instructions again.

I faced Mr. Petrakis squarely, and looked at him directly in the eyes. "I'm sorry sir, I can't do that. I love her."

*Don't forget to vote*