Chapter 33

*For names start with letter A*

Playlist ♪♫

"Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the savour, but too much can spoil the pleasure and, under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening."Maya Angelou

Harry's POV

"Your royal highness. You need to see these." My adviser and spoke person, Adrien Wood, gave me his phone, showing me pictures of me and Princess Camila in the internet.

I was surprised at how the pictures were exaggeratedly edited. We were holding hands and my arms went around her. It was all photoshopped images. We did not even have lunch alone together. The head of the medical mission joined us, as well as Princess Camila's cousin. 

"It seems like the paparazzi are all back again. They focus their attention on you and Princess Camila. These pictures are all over internet already. People are shipping on both of you."

"That won't happen."

"I know, sir." Adrien agreed and showed me another set of pictures. "You're in all celebrity news, this morning. Too many articles and pictures of you. Your biography, student's life and travels. You suddenly became a sensation all over the world, sir."

"What the hell! Where did they get these old pictures? These are all personal." I swiped the pictures, there were a bunch of them. With my family, my friends Zion and Izzy, with coach Garrett and the whole football team, with my prom date Betty Jones, and many other photos during my university days. 

"We'll find out later, sir. The paparazzi interviewed people you know. There's a big write up from your classmate in high school, Cameron Talbot, the principal's son. He said you were very close like brothers and he knew you too well."

Bullshit! 

"I did not hang out with that guy. He's a user. He  just want to ride the popularity for personal gain."

"Obviously sir. He's promoting his modeling agency at the end of the interview."

I shook my head and dismissed any thought of that leech. I wanted to call Emerald, in case she saw the pictures. But I decided, it was better to tell her personally this evening. 

The medical mission was too crowded with people. Not just with the patients but with curious people who just went there to see the royals. People kept on crowding around me, taking pictures, shaking my hands, hugging me and even tried to kiss me. I knew, I have to get use to this. People adored their future king, the head of the state and the sovereign. I would do my duties well so I would not disappoint them.

"Your royal highness. Can I talk to you for a minute?" Princess Camila interrupted an important conversation with the Secretary of State for Health, giving her trained megawatt smile and sparkled eyes. 

"Yes, Princess Camila?"

Her eyes signaled me to follow her to the air conditioned tent. There were a bunch of doctors and medics resting inside when we entered. I was surprised when she ordered everyone to leave the tent. The room emptied in seconds. 

I twisted my lips, shaking my head. I wondered about the importance and confidentiality that she was about to discuss with me. 

I waited for her to talk first. But she was taking her time. She sat on a padded chair and invited me to the seat beside her. 

I complied and asked her immediately. "What is it?" 

I could not waste time getting cozy inside the tent when there were plenty of people who wanted to talk to me outside. The medical mission became an opportunity to reach out to the masses. I listened to their concerns, problems and the assistance they needed. 

"I just want to ask you an important question."

I leaned forward, putting my elbows on my knees. "I'm listening."

"What are we?" Her hand pointing from me to her, back and forth.

I sat properly, surprised at her question. Then I leaned back on the chair. "What do you mean?"

"You're ignoring me."

She was really confusing me. What the hell is she implying?

"What are you talking about?"

"You're supposed to show me the vineyard, as what the King suggested, but you did not."

"I don't obey all the king's wishes, especially if it pertains to my personal life. I don't want to be rude, but let me remind you that I am here for the medical mission, not to act as your tourist guide."

"And I did not come here to be insulted by you." Her chin lifted up. "You have an obligation to treat me with high respect. I am a royal princess, not a commoner." Her eyes glared at me angrily.

"I respect people equally, not because of their social statues and credentials. If you want to be respected, treat others with respect also."

Her nostrils flared as she clenched her teeth. "That's unfair, your royal highness. You don't know me better and you assumed that I'm like a low class citizen with no breeding? The problem is, you're not making an effort to get to know me better."

I heaved a long sigh and stood up. "This is a useless conversation, Princess Camila. Next time, if you want an important thing to say to me, address it to my spoke person, Adrien Wood."

"How dare you! Spain will pull out in financing this medical mission. I will make sure of that." She stood up also, putting her hands on her waist. 

"You're welcome to do that right now. We don't need your financial assistance. England is very much capable in financing our projects. We know that your father is only doing this so we can return the favor to your bigger project."

That silence her. I excused myself to leave the tent, when she apologized.

"I'm sorry for being so sensitive. I'm not usually like this. I hope you forgive me, your royal highness." 

I turned around and saw her curtsied, her expression was apologetic.

I nodded. It was the best that I could do at the moment. Knowing her real personality was a big disappointment.

___

At exactly five in the afternoon, I was on my way home. I was with Adrien at the back of car. 

"Your royal highness. There are pictures that the paparazzi posted in the internet this afternoon that concern you."

Not again. This is the reason why I wanted my privacy. I hate publicity. These paparazzi earn money exposing the personal lives and skeletons in the closets of famous people. They could have got a much better job. 

"What is it this time?" I get curious. I hope not a picture of me naked. 

Adrien showed me the pictures on his phone. 

Cold sweat formed on my neck as I saw the picture of Emerald with a guy. He was kissing her knuckles.

"Who is this guy?" I spat out the words with contempt. Fury flared up to my head, like demons hungry for a kill. 

"Kevin Hill. The article said that he is the boyfriend of Miss Petrakis."

Boyfriend, huh?

 The next picture made my eyes darkened and my rebellious emotions got out of hand. 

What the fuck! She's kissing the guy!

"This is photoshopped, right?" I asked Adrien.

"I'm afraid not, your royal highness." 

**Don't forget to Vote and Share this story to your friends**