Chapter 24

*Dedicated to all dog lovers*

_______

Playlist ♪♫

"Fall in love with someone that doesn't make you think love is hard." - inlove_relationship.quotes, Instagram

Emerald's POV

My senses reeled as if short-circuited as Harry kissed me devouringly, bringing me to euphoria. I parted my lips welcoming every thrust of his tongue. The taste of him was so sweet and intoxicating, making my mind spin. I wanted him so badly and madly...like air.

I returned his kisses with reckless abandon, I didn't want him to stop this time. His lips transferred to my jaw, trailing down my throat and on the area behind my ear. I moaned as intense pleasure surged deep inside me. His mouth and tongue did amazingly delicious sensations that I'd never experience before. 

I gasped as his hand went under my sweater and slid slowly across my belly moving up.

"Harry..." A moan of ecstasy slipped through my lips as his hand fondled one of my breasts. 

"Dammit, Emerald... You're driving me crazy." He groaned. 

I knew what he meant. I was not wearing any bra because of my thick sweater. 

His hand transferred to my other breast. Gently caressing and kneading. His thumb circle my aroused nipple, sending currents of desire through me.

We continued kissing deeply and hungrily until a sharp loud crack of thunder jolted us.

"We need to go. It's going to rain." Harry said.

I looked at the angry dark clouds. So odd that the sky was so bright and sunny awhile ago, and now, it suddenly turned black. 

Harry put the food and glasses in the basket while I was folding the picnic blanket. But before we could move, the heavy rain poured down. We ran towards the hummer, dripping wet. He immediately started the car when we got inside and drove fast in the blinding rain.

We were silent and engrossed in each other's thoughts. The sexual tension was still there, very potent, like electrical current vibrating between us. 

I leaned back. My heart was still beating fast. Either from running so fast or from the intense passion we shared awhile ago. I ran my tongue to my lower lip. It was still tender from his demanding kisses... and I could still taste him. 

When we arrived in the cottage, Harry stopped me before I could go out of the hummer.

"Emerald."

I turned to him. Waiting. 

"I'm sorry." He said.

I felt like I was splashed with iced water.

"I shouldn't have kissed you." He raked his hand through his hair. He couldn't look at me straight in the eye. "I shouldn't have started kissing you."

"Why?"

"It's wrong."

"How can it be wrong when it feels so right."

He put his head against his arms on the stirring wheel briefly, then faced me again. "No. This must stop. Zion trusted me. Your dad... your whole family. I'm supposed to protect you."

"After you kissed me three times with mind blowing kisses, and now you decided that it was wrong? That's not fair!" I wiped the single tear that suddenly fell on my cheek. "Damn you, Harry. I never thought you're such a coward." I went out of the hummer and slammed the door. 

I was hurt. I hated him for leading me on. He made me fall for him and suddenly decided not to fight for me. Damn him. 

He never changed. History repeated itself now.

 I ran to the bathroom and took off my wet clothes. I turned on the shower in full blast. I was rinsing the soap off my body when the bathroom door suddenly crashed open.

"What are you doing?" I stood frozen in the shower, covering my nakedness with my arms and hands.

"You were right, I was a coward." Harry was walking towards me. "I can't bear seeing you hate me now, it hurts more as hell. I'm falling for you, Emerald, and I don't want to fight this feeling anymore."

I was shocked and stared at him wordlessly. Then I reached for his face and tip-toed to kiss his lips, but he stopped me, holding my arm and pushed me gently on the wall. 

"No. Tell me first if you feel the same way." His face was strong and unflinching, and his voice was firm.

"Of course... I... I feel the same way."

"Tell me, Emerald."

"I love you, Harry." I declared my true feelings for him. 

He held my eyes, as if reading it. Then instantly, I was swept off my feet. He hurled me in his arms and kissed me with burning passion, the same kisses he gave me in the vineyard... and yesterday.

I helped him removed his clothes until both of us stood naked in the shower - skin to skin, chest to chest, lips to lips... 

**Don't forget to Vote**