CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Björn had given Vál a black coat with furry details, he had given it to her before the nights feast

Björn had given Vál a black coat with furry details, he had given it to her before the nights feast. They were celebrating the future and the apparently kind warriors that wanted to follow them to Frankia.

After meeting with Floki and Helga Vál had walked back to the cabin she didn't call home but kindly shared with Björn during her stay as he said he needed to speak to someone. Vál had been greeted by a quiet slave who filled the tub with steaming water but she left as soon the wooden vessel was filled. She didn't want the slaved hard work to be for nothing so she undressed and got in. It felt like the night before, amazing. She quickly undid her braided hair so she could clean it before dipping it into the water. Completely engulfed in the warmth of the bath she did hear the door open but reacted when someone cleared their throat.

Vál quickly looked up as she sat straight and saw Ragnar. His eyes were glued on her chest that was now underneath the water before slowly traveling up to meet her eyes. Vál didn't bother his lingering eyes as she only raised her brow.

"Ragnar," She said, greeting him and he only smiled a little before it fainted.

"Vál," He begun before walking over to the lit fireplace and took a seat on one of the empty chairs. She moved with him, so she could face him in the bath. Ragnar looked at the attractive woman infront of him, her hair drenched in the water and pushed back, allowing him to see all her features. Jawline, cheekbones, plump lips, straight nose and piercing icy eyes.

"My son told me that you should come with us to Frankia," Ragnar began as he saw the delicate collarbones right under her neck and a droplet of water that ran down past one of them. He licked his lips before meeting her cold eyes again. The light icy ring surrounded the black fiery black pupil.

"It would be an honor to be a part of it," She said as she looked him in the eyes. His blue eyes were clear as the day when no clouds were present and the sun shined. "Yet he told me that you needed to speak with your brother. I always got the impression from Björn's stories that you were the one in charge. I mean you're the King of Kattegat," She said and licked her lips. Ragnar smirked, feeling more attracted to her than ever when her teeth sunk into the plump pink bottom lip. Björn had said that there was nothing going on between them, they had slept together once but nothing more than that. At least not what he had admitted to his father. With that in mind Ragnar didn't shut the thought of him making advances towards the young woman infront of him out, even if his wife could be carrying yet another of his children. Aslaug had been quite irritated by the young woman's presence after their stiff encounter earlier and seduced Ragnar, speaking of even more great sons of Ragnar.

"He's my brother and due to mistakes the last time in Frankia I've decided he could lead this time," Ragnar said and crossed his arms over his shoulder. "You have not met with my brother right?"

"No, I haven't met that many people here at all. Only you, your sons, Floki and Helga," She said truthfully and he nodded. "Yet your Queen seemed very excited to meet me," She said sarcastically and recalled their cold encounter. Ragnar smiled.