"She's never a fan of strong women who steals her attention, it makes her feel powerless," Ragnar said as he stood up and walked towards her. He looked down at Vál when he got close enough, seeing the fire burning in her cold eyes as she looked him in the eyes. Vál could feel the muscles in her abdomen contract when he stood close. Both of them knew they were close enough to touch each other, and Ragnar could only dip his hand into the water and feel her naked skin against his rough fingertips. Both their breathing had gotten slightly rugged as the tension in the air had thickened. Vál had been surprised about the feelings she had around Ragnar, the man old enough to be her father, yet his energy sent chills down her back and she didn't mind it. Really.

"I've spoken to my brother, he's looking forward to meet you tonight," He said after moment of silence and she nodded. Soon the door opened again and Björn walked inside, a prominent frown visible when he saw his own father not to far away from Vál who sat naked in the tub. In his hand he held a black cloak.

"Father." Björn said as he stepped inside, looking at him before down at Vál.

"Son." Ragnar said with a light smile on his lips, his blue eyes shining. "I guess I'll see you tonight," He excused himself before leaving the cabin. Björn followed his father, peaking over his shoulder to see him leave then moving his eyes back to Vál who raised her brow.

"Where have you been?" She asked and he walked over to the fireplace, sitting down where Ragnar currently was seated.

"Talked to our guests, King Harald," Björn said and she nodded. "He said they're only here to join our raiding,"

"Yet you think they got something else in mind?" Vál said before standing up, the water flooding down from her body as she stepped out. She took the blanket that hung carefully on the edge of the tub, not touching the water before wrapping it around her body. She could feel Björn eyes roaming her naked skin.

"Something in that direction yes," He mumbled as she walked over to him and took a seat, like the night before. She combed her hair with her fingers quickly as Björn handed her the cloak in his hands. Vál stopped combing her hair and reached for the cloak with a frown prominent. "See it as a gift,"

"I haven't worn a cloak since I was a child," She said and looked with wide eyes at the cloak. She draped it over her shoulder and the fur details tickled her cheeks and neck. "Thank you," She said and smiled at him. Björn smiled as well and gave her a nod before standing up and walking to the tub. He dipped his hand into the water before starting to remove his clothes.

"Floki and Helga have they any children?" Vál asked and looked as he got into the water.

"They had. Angrboda, she died of a fever," Björn said before splashing water onto his face. Vál only hummed.

As the sky had turned black, stars filling it with light as well as the moon, Björn and Vál made their way to the great hall. Torches were lit around the great hall, men and women joining the feast. Vál was dressed in black pants, a black shirt and her matching cloak. Her long hair was braided to perfection. Her mother usually wore her hair like that when she was younger. Her necklace was still resting around her neck yet it wasn't visible for other underneath her clothes.

"Björn! Vál!" Ubbe exclaimed as they walked inside. Vál smiled at Ubbe as they reach the main table, she ignored the burning from all the gazes that rested on her body. The majority of the people of Kattegat hadn't grown accustom to her presence. Vál let her eyes roam around the table. The Queen and Ragnar sat beside each other, Harald and Halfdan next to Floki and Helga and then the younger sons of Ragnar beside two empty chairs then there was an unfamiliar brunette man next to Ragnar whose eyes quickly found Vál's with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Brother, this is Björn's friend I talked about. Vál," Ragnar said smirking and looked at his brother before back at the young woman before taking a gulp of mead. Rollo didn't say anything, he only took his cup and took a gulp without breaking his stare.

"It's nice to meet you Rollo," She said and gave him a nod. Both of them sat down by the table and their plates soon got filled with food. Vál still hadn't gotten used to everything being served by her feet. She ate and could feel their eyes on her, yet no one said anything which started to make her uncomfortable. Harald was about to say something yet got cut off.

"So you want to come with us to Frankia?" Rollo said for the first time, still looking at her. She decided to keep her mouth shut as well as Rollo had done and only gave him a simple nod before taking a gulp of mead. "My brother speaks highly of you, telling me how skilled you are as a fighter even if he's never seen you fight. However my nephew tells me the same,"

"There's no point in lying," Vál said confidently and Rollo smirked.

"You've never been to a raid before. Ragnar said you've hidden in the mountains for years," He continued and when Rollo said 'hidden' she got slightly angry. She didn't hide, she survived and grew.

"If your definition of hiding is to survive more than fifteen years in the cold, killing bears, wolfs and intruding humans then so be it," She challenged with a raised brow, her voice sounding irritated. She could feel that Rollo enjoyed that he was slightly in charge, that she asked him and not his King brother. Ragnar smirked at her words and so did the Norwegian brothers. Aslaug clenched her hands around her cup, disapproving the guests behavior. Björn kept observing.

"I haven't decide if I need you with us, I want to see you fight before I decide anything. Dead weight is unnecessary," Rollo said and took another gulp as Vál smiled as she raised her cup slightly.

"Indeed," She agreed before taking a gulp.

Rollo has entered the building!

Vál hairstyle above if you want, yet I even imagine her hair even longer and lighter in the shade.