Episode 27 - The Ice King's Party👽

"Some memories never leave your bones, like salt in the sea; they become part of you and you carry them."

-Anonymous

👽👽👽

A person would first notice the framed pictures that decorated the walls. The vibrant smiles captured in them gave the 'house' a feeling of 'home'.

A soft-blue sofa shone with neon-green pillows atop it. The slate-gray walls served as the perfect backdrop to the living area's bright shades.

The floor was made of milky-white granite, which gleamed under the huge, crystal chandelier.

Ivan sighed as he looked at the light-turquoise clock. He ran his hands through his dark hair, adjusting them one more time.

If Mrs. Moore found out that a party was to be held at her home, then earthquakes and thunderstorms would erupt. Yep, literally, no kidding.

Ivan rubbed his palms together, knowing that his classmates would be arriving soon.

To say that he wasn't nervous would be a big lie.

Ever since he had informed Max that the party would be held at his house, he didn't seem too happy about it.

Max didn't appear as cheerful as he usually did. His smile appeared dim. Ivan could sense that something was bothering him.

Before he could ask about the matter, Max questioned, "Will Gold be here soon?"

Ivan shrugged and bit his bottom lip to stop smiling. "I last saw Bold from my window. She was twirling around in her black dress like a little girl."

He couldn't help but let out a short laugh. While sobering himself, he noticed Max shaking his head at him, an amused grin on his face. "Didn't know dogs could stalk as well."

He rolled his eyes and punched Max's shoulder. He was about to say more but was cut short by several knocks on the door.

Max opened the door, letting in Ashley, Sarah, Riva, and Ruby. All four of them had donned similar black dresses.

The dress code was kept black because Ivan loved the color. He was clad in a black sweatshirt and black denim jeans.

Max, on the other hand, wore a black T-shirt with the quote 'I'm on that new diet where you eat everything and hope for a miracle' printed on it. Blue baggy jeans and a leather jacket completed his look.

"Hi," Ashley greeted the boys with a small smile. Her makeup was minimal, which made her look like an actual person instead of a doll.

The boys greeted her back and nodded at the other three girls who were openly checking them out. They giggled amongst themselves, their lipstick-clad lips whispering stuff to each other.

Then fell the most dreaded thing in a party, or any event in fact-- an awkward silence.

The boys stared dumbly at the girls who stared back at them blankly like toys.

"So..." Ivan began, rubbing the back of his neck, but stopped when he noticed the twins at the door. He sighed in relief at their arrival.

"I told you we would be late," Elena chided Kate who raised her palms in the air.

The twins had donned black, knee-length dresses. The tops fitted their upper bodies and flared into fluffy skirts.

While laced sleeves covered Elena's elbows, Kate chose to wear a white jacket to accessorize her dress.