Episode 40 - The Alien Memory👽

"The mind will not always remember exactly what happened, but the heart will always remember the feeling.

-Brigitte Nicole

👽👽👽

"Stop moping around, Kate. Let's go, now."

"I don't want to go anywhere, El."

"This is important, Kate." Elena sighed. "Last day, Van told me that he felt both empty and warm by hearing our names. He knows we're his childhood buddies, but he doesn't know us."

Elena took in Kate's form, her hands covered her face, which was supported by her knees.

"Co has to give us some answers. We need to know the truth, K." She grabbed Kate's arm and tugged her up.

"Not today, El. Maybe some other day."

"God! Is this about Max? I told you he's just trying to make you jealous."

"Yeah, right. When you see Van kissing some other girl, try telling me that."

Elena pursed her lips. "Do you know why he kissed--"

"Sarah out of all the people." Kate growled and clutched her curls. "Why would he do that if he claimed to l... love me?"

"I agree with El." Their mom, Eleanor sighed as she sat on the bed beside Kate.

She took Kate's hand in hers. "I think he's just trying to get a reaction out of you."

Kate scoffed. "Oh he did, alright."

"Did you try to talk to him about this?"

Kate clenched her jaw and blinked. "I did. All he does is smiles at me stupidly."

Kate rubbed her forehead. "He asked, 'Why are you bothered when you love someone else?'"

"Everything's a mess, mom." Kate sighed and buried her face in her hands.

"Kate, why did you lie?" Elena tilted her twin's chin upwards and noticed her tears.

Elena chuckled and wiped them away. "Trust me, if he can get under your skin, he's really special."

Their mother placed her palm on Kate's shoulder, her voice soft, "Why don't you tell him the truth? Don't let him go away. You don't get special things every day--especially not love."

Kate nodded and buried her face in their mother's chest, who chuckled. "Silly girl."

👽👽👽

Mrs. Moore sat on the sofa, her face hidden behind the newspaper.

"Co." Elena cleared her throat. "Hi."

The way Mrs. Moore stared at her after removing her glasses, made Elena shuffle her feet.

Mrs. Moore folded her hands on her lap. "Do you plan to stand there for the whole day?"

"Have a seat, Kel."

Elena breathed in deeply as she and Kate sat beside Ivan's mom.

She glanced at the woman in front of her, who hadn't smiled.

Elena felt sorry for her. She wanted to know what had made her this way.

The Co they knew was long replaced by the cold woman in front of her.

Elena glanced at Kate with a gulp. She needed help, this topic wasn't going to be the easiest to talk about.

"What happened to Van?" Kate asked.