Bonus Episode 2 - Ashy & Christy👽

"He was unexpected.
I truly did not expect him,
or his effect on me,
my heart,
my mind,
my feelings.
He was the calming sound
of the light, pitter-patter of drizzle
on an April Sunday morning
in my brutal, destructive hurricane."

-s.g.

👽👽👽

The air tickling Ashley's skin, though mundane, held a warmth of freedom in it.

After ages, she smiled wholly, the dimples deepening as she checked herself in the mirror.

Her face was full, not chubby, but not bony either. For once she didn't cringe. The layers of her ex-friend, makeup, were terminated completely.

Her night-like hair danced as the wind played with it. She giggled and walked ahead.

There was something comforting about nature. Butterflies and moths, one beautiful and the other plain, lived in harmony. There was no prejudice, no hate, no tears and certainly nothing fake.

A group of sparrows and a robin hopped together on the dewed grass. The sparrows chirped and the robin sang--their voices though different, were minded by none.

Why couldn't humans be this way? Why was someone different regarded as an outcast?

She was a Cooper, a member of one of the wealthiest families in Aurora, but she didn't want anything to do with money.

The green leaf for her was a necessity--not an object of obsession like her mother had made it.

She would rather be penniless and have her mother back. The inanimate things were successful in making a doll out of her mom.

A doll, who wanted nothing but perfection, luxury and the satisfaction of making others like her.

Ashley was a victim of the dollhouse game, but she escaped--even though the door was minute and she was a giant.

All it had taken was a minute of courage and denial and now, she was free. Free to continue being herself.

Elena and Kate had done a great deal for her. But they wouldn't be around forever and she had to do things for herself now.

Before she could sit on a wooden bench, an approaching pair of neon-green sneakers stopped her.

"Your mother won't like dust on your clothes."

Ashley glanced up, two eyes; the personification of chocolate, meeting hers.

If pestering her with hellos at the parties her mom held wasn't enough, Christian Wellington was here as well.

"Are you stalking me, Christy?" Ashley couldn't help the irritation exuding from her voice.

"Are you bothered, Ashy?"

"It's Ashley."

"It's Christian."

She scoffed and he scoffed as well.

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Stop being childish."

Christian rolled his eyes too. "Stop being granny."

"It's 'Stop being a granny'."

Christian chuckled. "If that makes you feel better, I will make mistakes all my life."

Ashley chose to stay mum. It was better to watch her green surroundings instead of talking pointlessly.

She sat down the bench and eyed the different trees.