"Football is a Man's Sport" My Derriere. {10}

okay, so I skipped a few days ;D because I know you guys are eager to see what's gonna happen at the practice! And this is so awesome, because you guys are forming teams! THAT IS SO COOL!

There's even a Team Bennet! It makes me feel like Stephanie Meyer lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There's no substitute for guts."

-- Paul "Bear" Bryant

"It's time for school!" Jayden yelled, banging on my door. My stomach twisted and turned and I felt like I was going to throw up as I reluctantly got out of bed, my legs wobbling. "I'm up, I'm up." Gabe must've let me sleep i today.

I decided on a pair of gray skinny jeans and a black and white Dopey tee. Dopey the dwarf is awesome. I walked to the bathroom and banged on the door sleepily. "Open up Sasha!"

"Fine, fine." She said. The door handle didn't move. I sighed and slid down the wall, closing my eyes. My mom had made us get up earlier than usual so that we wouldn't be late on our first day. Finally, after about ten minutes the timer rang and Sasha stepped out. She was wearing a tight pair of skinny jeans that complimented her long legs, boots, and one of those sweater vests. "Dad's not gonna let you walk out the front door with that on," I told her. She smiled. "Who said dad's gonna know what I'm wearing?"

She strutted away and I stood up, closing the door and starting the shower up. I made the water a little colder than usual so that I could snap out of it and focus. I quickly showered and dried, then brushed my teeth and straightened my hair. There was no point in leaving it in it's natural state. I let it hang down my shoulders, put on a little mascara and lipstick, dressed and then stepped out of the bathroom with five minutes to spare. I went to the kitchen and found that my mother was cooking her famous french toast. Everyone was already seated around the table, and Sasha had on a baggy shirt and sweats with those same boots on. I raised my eyebrows but said nothing. I sat down.

My mom prayed and we started to eat. I took small bites and large sips of water. Gabe gave me a warning look that said 'eat or I'll force feed you', so I started shoveling it in. When I finished I got up and went to go get my bookbag and duffel bag that I had packed for the try-outs. When I got back everyone was heading for the car.

It was an unspoken rule that on the first day of school our parents had to drive us. Jayden went to the local elementary school (if she was ever in trouble all I had to do was run two blocks and I was there), so she was dropped off first. SHe was going to the first grade. Of course, my mom had to take lots and lots of pictures and video tape and we all had to get out and say goodbye while she hugged our legs and cried. Usually I would bawl but I was too nervous for that.

We all piled back into the car and drove to the school .My dad turned around. "Meet me at the try-outs if you can't get a ride home from school Sasha and Liz. Ty, you have to be there. Good luck, and bye." Dismissal. We jumped out the car and I waited for Gabe to come. He gave me a small smile. "Bye Liz. I'll see you at practice." My jaw hit the ground. He wasn't coming! HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME! He slammed the door shut and my dad pulled off. I was tempted to jump in front of the car, but swallowed my fear and slowly trudged toward the school. Ty was highfiving the football players, Sasha had automatically joined up with her cheerleaders, and me? I got hellos and how ya doings and slaps on the back by people I recognized only by face. Bennet joined up with me soon enough.

"Penelope had a staff meeting this morning, so it's just you and me."

"Cool." I said. "so hows your morning so far?"

"Crappy." He admitted. He smirked. "But it won't be in a few hours."

"Not on the first day you don't!" I scolded. He was very fond of the janitor's closets. "You'll get in trouble."