"Football is a Man's Sport" My Derriere. {12} Part 2!

some prettyyy shocking stuff on this part that some of you won't like, but deal with it and VOTE! I hope it isn't too cliche'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Men are clinging to football on a level we aren't even aware of. For centuries, we ruled everything, and now, in the last ten minutes, there are all these incursions by women. It's our Alamo."

--Tony Kornheiser

"Most of this stuff on this list sucks." Jay said, reading the list with firece concentration. I chuckled. "That's because mom wrote it."

"It's all healthy stuff." She made a face. I grinned. "Okay, I'll tell you what. If I buy all the stuff that mom wants and we still have enough money to buy her spices, I'll buy more snacks. Deal?"

"Deal."

We continued shopping and spotted Ty a couple of times, sure enough, with a girl talking animatedly with him. He winked as we passed and I rolled my eyes. Boys. Jayden just giggled and I pushed the shopping cart a little faster.

When we were finally finished I started heading toward the front of the store. Ty came barreling around the corner and his face had the most unreadable expression, like a mix of disgust, excitment and that look that women get when they have a juicy piece of gossip. "Elizabeth! Come quick!"

"Why?" I asked, confused. He huffed and grabbed my hand, dragging me after him. "Stay by the cart!" I called to Jayden before I was pulled a few aisles over.

"What are we doing Ty?"

"Shhh!"

He dragged me over to the employee doors and pulled me in, slapping a hand over my mouth. 'Don't make a sound' he mouthed. We crept over to a giant stack of crates and crouched behind them. Skirts are not meant for crouching, by the way. I barely kept my balance as I hitched the fabric up. I heard the sound of kissing and made a face at him, but he held up a finger, so I kept on listening.

"We really ought to be going." It couldn't be! Kale?

"We should. But I don't want to." A voice that seemed familiar to me replied. It sounded so familiar, but more importantly...it was male! My mouth made an o and Ty raised his eyebrows at me, seeming to say 'I told you, you wouldn't want to miss this'.

They started walking toward the employee doors and I crouched back into the shadows, praying that they wouldn't see us. I peeked a little to see who it was and nearly blew our cover. It was that asshole from Lit. class! Jackson! Unfreaking believeable in so many ways!

We waited for about three minutes before I whispered, "We have to get back to Jayden."

"Yeah." Ty looked satisfied with himself for some reason.

"Can you believe it?" I asked. He shrugged. I frowned "What does this--" I mocked his shrug--"mean?"

"Well...we Kanes have a secret weapon that I tapped into a few years ago."

"And that is?"

"Gaydar."

I busted out laughing, earning a few stares from people as we walked past. "Gaydar?"

"Gaydar." He confirmed. "And it went blaring off as soon as the guy focused on your eyes instead of your chest or the curves you inherited from mom."

"How did you know that he didn't just like me for my personality?"

He snorted and started guffawing. "He's a teenage guy, Liz."

"So?"

"All I'm saying is, that if the guy doesn't at least peek at your chest while you're around, he's either blind or gay."

"Am I supposed to thank you for the compliment?"

"It'd be appreciated."

"Thanks. How'd you even discover them?"

"I was looking for a spot to make out with my fine lady friend."

I cringed. "Too much information."

We approached the cart and saw Jayden talking to Kale. Jackson was nowhere to be seen. I folded my arms and bit my lip. "Hey Kale."

"Hey," His face widened into a smile and he looked completly innocent. It was pretty hard to imagine that he was cheating on his girlfriend with a guy just a few minutes earlier.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked, folding my arms. He raised his eyebrows, but looked a little nervous.

"Shopping. Obviously. You?"

"Same. Gabe and Sasha had to go to the dentist and we needed groceries, so here we are." Ty jumped in. I didn't know what to. I couldn't accuse him in front of Jayden, because she was so little and had a really big mouth. So I didn't say anything as Ty continued the conversation, shooting me unneeded warning looks. We to the checkout line and scanned our items, then split up there.

"I have to get back." Kale had said.

"Bye. Say hi to Van for me." I said back.ed and walked to his car, and I turned to help Ty load the crapload of groceries that we had bought. As promid brought some junk for us as well. Jayden climbed in the car and watched us, sucking on a blow pop.

Her life was so simple. Go to school, be loved, come home, be loved, go to sleep, have nice dreams. While mine was full of drama jumping out at me. I sighed and slammed the trunk, pushing the shopping cart to one of those little things that Walmart sets up for people so that they aren't running over carts with their cars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~