Social Menace {7}

By the end of the day Friday, I was nervous and excited. I could finally figure out how the Social Action Club doubled as a revenge service.

                I reached the room and the twins looked over at me, both with knowing eyes. I'd assumed the whole club was in on it, probably even Bishopp. But it was strange to see Talon's playful nature put aside in favor of suspicion.

                "Ah, there's our outcast," Farren said, seated next to the twins. Connor sat on Farren's desk, scrolling through his phone, his bag securely in his lap.

                "I'm not sure I'd consider myself much of an outcast given what I know," I said.

                "Oh, was that a threat?" Talon asked, eyes gleaming.

                "Just a statement." I sat down and forced a friendly smile. I had to keep that ugly side of me locked away. I wouldn't go back to who I used to be. "I've got no reason to threaten you guys. You haven't done anything to me."

                "I wouldn't recommend getting ballsy. Connor is pretty good at digging up dirt," Farren said.

                "I already know your school records," Connor said dismissively.

                "You looked into me as soon as I joined the club, didn't you?" I said.

                "Just enough to make sure you weren't dangerous to us," Connor said. "Your files are boring."

                "I could've told you that if you'd just asked me," I pointed out.

                "Oh, yea, totally. 'Hey, Nolan, can you tell us everything about yourself so we know you're not dangerous?'" Talon said.

                "Everyone shut up," Tyson said, entering the room. "You either trust me or you get out of my club. Here are your routes. Outcast, you're with me."

                "Lucky me," I said.

                "Twins, you'll get your supply of candy bars from Farren's car. Let's go already," Tyson said. "And stay in your uniforms. If you look more official, they're more likely to buy from you."

                "Easy for you to say. You're not forced to wear a skirt all day," Nyssa said, getting up and fixing her skirt. "I can't wait to change back into sweatpants when I get home."

                "Trust me, the slacks aren't much better. At least you can stretch your legs. God, these pants are so stiff," Talon said, shaking his pant leg a little.

                "Yes, yes, uniforms suck. Complain about it another time. Let's go," Tyson said, heading for the door.

                The others hurried to follow him. Tyson passed them their routes as we left the school and headed for the parking lot. Most students had cleared out, but a few were still lingering in the parking lot talking. They didn't pay us any mind as we headed to two cars parked next to each other.

                Farren unlocked one and opened the trunk. The twins began to gather their supplies, Farren helping them. Tyson lightly hit my shoulder and gestured to the other car.

                "They can handle that themselves. Let's get started," he said, unlocking his car. "I'll drop you back off after to pick up your car."