Social Menace {19}

"Hey, Uncle Brian?" I said.

                "What is it?" he said, shifting through cereal boxes in the cupboard in search of breakfast.

                "What do you know about Patrick Mallory?" I asked.

                "Hm? Not that much. He donates all over the town. Suck-up if you ask me. His wife donates a lot to the hospital I work at. I think they have two kids. Braxton students?" he said.

                I nodded. "I met him at school. He's looking into the break-ins around town."

                "Sticks his nose into everything." Brian grabbed a water bottle and began filling it up at the sink. "Don't cause trouble around him. Like I said, his wife donates to my work."

                "Oh, no, I wouldn't cause trouble around him!" I said. "I was just wondering because he seemed to be a big deal. He was just asking me about some kids I know from school."

                "Stay out of trouble," Brian said, checking the time. "I have to go."

                "Bye, Uncle Brian. Have a good day at work," I said.

                He mumbled something as he hurried out of the house. I finished getting ready and left as well, humming to myself as I drove towards the school.

                I wanted to ask Uncle Brian if he knew anything about Tyson's family, but it was probably pointless. If Tyson's parents didn't know Brian, I doubted Brian knew them.

                I got out of my car and went into the school, heading towards my locker. I was curious about how Tyson would act around me after yesterday. Clearly the twins knew about our relationship, and I was guessing nothing slipped past Farren's notice when it came to Tyson. Connor might be the only one who didn't know something was up, though I even doubted that.

                I opened my locker and began to dig through it for what I needed. Maybe I'd as Tyson if he wanted to get a drink after school. He'd paid for me that one time, so I really should return the favor. Besides, he seemed to be under a lot of stress lately, and hopefully a little break from all the work could help him relax.

                "On your knees, just where Tyson likes you."

                By the time I'd looked up at Farren, he was already wincing in pain and rubbing his ribs. Tyson stood next to him, looking as neat as always in his Braxton uniform.

                "What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, ignoring Farren's comment.

                "Saving your bully-magnet ass," Tyson said, nodding a little.

                I looked over and realized Drew was at the end of the hallway with his friends, watching me. Oh, shit, I hadn't even thought about the fact that he wanted to viciously murder me because my grades were better than his. What a way to go. Here lies Nolan Fletcher; an angry dude killed him for doing his homework.

                "Thanks," I said gratefully, standing up and shutting my locker.

                "Let's go. He's just staring and it's making me uncomfortable," Tyson said. He waved at Drew. "Hey, take a picture, Drew. It'll last longer and it'll look better than your shit grades."

                Some kids around the hall laughed a little as Drew glared at Tyson. Tyson gave his dazzling smile and shoved me down the hall, taking off at a casual pace with Farren.