Social Menace {13}

I shut my locker and checked the time. The Social Action meeting would be starting soon and I was worried about how Tyson was going to act. With Mallory involved, he wasn't thinking clearly anymore. This was probably a bad time for him to be testing me on a revenge job.

                As I started to look up, there was a blur of movement in my vision and then I was being slammed against my locker. I groaned and wasn't even surprised when I looked up at Drew.

                "Grades come out soon," he said, hitting me against the lockers again.

                "This information could've been passed along without physical force," I said.

                "We'll see where you stand," he said.

                "I doubt I'll be standing because I think you just broke my spine," I said, wincing when he hit me again.

                "How did you get into the Social Action Club?" he demanded. "They don't let anyone in. Just a bunch of stuck up pricks who want all the glory and attention to themselves. That Strazio asshole made sure no one but his friends got the privilege of being in that club."

                "Maybe Tyson and I are best friends now," I said, wincing. "Please stop hitting me against the lockers. I have no muscular abilities and very fragile bones."

                "Outcast! You look like you're having a great time!"

                I looked past Drew to Talon and Nyssa. Talon laughed a little as he saw me and started heading down the hallway.

                "Catch you at the meeting," he said.

                Nyssa reached out and caught his blazer. "Wait, Tal." She dragged him over to Drew and released him. "Drop Nolan. He's got a meeting to get to."

                "Strazio's exclusive club so he can get himself a good resume without sharing the chance," Drew said.

                "Tyson lets people volunteer. Instead of taking your jealousy out on Nolan, why don't you go fuck yourself with your own ego," Nyssa said.

                "Big talk from a little girl," Drew said.

                "Oh shit," Talon said in amusement. "You're about to get your ass kicked, dude."

                "I'm better than dropping to beating on the helpless," Nyssa said, shoving Drew away from me with surprising ease. "Let's go, outcast." She glanced at Drew. "Go get yourself a gym membership and come back to threaten me when you can actually follow through."

                "You butch bitch," Drew snapped.

                "Tal, let's make sure Tyson knows not to let Drew on the volunteer list. He doesn't play well with others," Nyssa said.

                "You got it, Nys," Talon said, grinning. "Let's go. I'm bored of him."

                "Let's go. I'm scared of him," I said, ducking behind the twins.

                They started walking and I hurried to follow them as Drew glared at us. When we turned down the junior hallway, I let out a relieved breath.

                "Thanks," I said gratefully.

                "Why don't you stand up for yourself? You were just letting him do it. You weren't even trying," Nyssa said.