Chapter Four: Xavier

I turned around, hearing my name being called. I instantly flinched, seeing it was Ryan who spoke. He was the more violent one with me. I didn't want to get hurt today..

Just as i thought, they started calling me names and out of all of it, which i am used to and ignored most, i heard them say "Makeup is for faggots." That is when Ryan grabbed my collar and pulled back his fist. I recoiled, closing my eyes, ready for impact. Lucky for me, the bell rang.

Ryan groaned and shoved me to the floor, walking away.

Aidan stayed behind, telling his friends that he's gonna punch me. He normally isn't as violent as Luke and Ryan, but i'm sure he can break my nose if he wants to.

His friends become out of sight, going to their classroom, and i look back at Aiden. He is standing there intimidatingly, until his friends are gone and then he sighs and looks at the ground, losing his scary stature.

He reached his hand out to me, and i pulled away, terrified. He advanced towards me casually.

"Look, i'm not like them."He said.

I was unsure, but i hesitantly grabbed his hand. He pulled me up, and seeing as he was taller than me, it scared me a bit.

"So, your name is Xavier, right?"He asked.

I just nodded.

"I'm Aidan."

Obviously..

"Can you say anything?"

I just nodded. I have a German accent, but i speak English as well as i do German.

He'll probably say something about my accent too..

"Will you?"

I thought about it before deciding that he seems harmless at the moment. Why not?

I opened my mouth to speak but the bell cut me off.

"What's your next class?"He asked.

I showed him my sign that said 'ART' in graffiti letters that was displayed on my notebook.

"Me too."He replied.

Surprisingly, he walked with me all the way to the Art Room. Why is he being so nice today? Maybe he just decided to give me the day off, since i'm a pitiful scene kid. Those who don't pick on me usually just feel sorry for me but never speak to me..

He sat at a table in the back. I tried to find another empty seat, but the only one was beside Aidan. That little prick..

He smirked at me as i pulled the chair out, sitting beside him. I rolled my eyes without thinking. Oh my gosh.. I hope he didn't see that. What if he hurts me?

To my surprise, he just laughs lightly, staring at me.

Aidan, you are full of surprises..

"Good morning, class."I hear my art teacher speak.

I'm actually happy this time in art. Maybe because of Aidan- No. What am i thinking? But maybe he really isn't like them.

Stop over-thinking stuff, Xavier!

I look at Aidan, but he's already looking at me. I look away again, slightly embarrassed.

This may be an interesting day..