12. Consumed By Darkness

It was midnight and Ben was asleep. His phone screen had about five text messages from Emma reading
"Ben please tell me you got rid of that suit"

"Ben please answer me"

"Ben!"

"Ben! Please Answer me!"

"Ben! Answer me! Please!"

Ben was asleep with his face up,the rain hitting the window,as lightning struck throughout New York. In his closet the black suit went from black clothes to its natural form of a liquidy black substance. It crawled through the bottom of the closet door and made it's way to Ben's bed. Ben slightly moved and the symbiote started to crawl up his bed sheets. The symbiote touched his foot and proceeded to crawl up his leg. Ben moved his head side to side and then started to have what seemed like a dream. He saw himself in the seat of a car. The car had brown leather seats and in the rear view mirror all he saw was white. He saw that the outside was all white. Then he heard a voice call out to him.
"Ben"

He turned to the driver seat and saw his black suit.
"What? How are you in my dream?"

"Ben,we can make your life better. In fact we already have. We saved those people on the bridge."

An image of the bridge with black webbing appeared outside the windows.

"They love you after that Ben. We made your relationship with Emma better."

An image of Ben and Emma sleeping in bed appeared outside the windows.

"Give us a chance and we'll help you with the hospital bill,and we'll take down Mr.Negative. Well find doctor Connors,you've forgotten all about him,haven't you?"

"Oh my god...I have forgotten about Dr.Connors..."

"Give us a chance and we'll help you,give you everything you need,everything you've wanted."

Ben looked at the suits big white eyes and then shook his head

"No! I promised Em I would get rid of you!"

"She doesn't understand your struggles,we do Ben."

An image of Ben standing over a grave reading
"Jackson Allen"

"Let us show you what we can accomplish together."

The symbiote crawled onto Ben,the car seat and the rest of the car dissapeard. Ben was out of the dream and grabbed his bed sheets aa the symbiote made it's way to Ben's neck. The lightning striking as the symbiote crawled up to Ben's eyes. Ben opened his eyes and saw nothing but black as the Symbiote covered him from head to toe.

Ben opened his eyes and saw he was now overlooking times square. The rain dripped off of him and the lightning struck as he got up.
"Woah...we feel,great! It feels amazing!"
Ben looked at his arms and then clenched his hands making a fist. He saw a limousine. The limousine had a black dragons face on the rims.
"Mr.Negative, how nice oh him to show up." Ben jumped off the building and did a backflip in midair. As he fell down he shot a web and caught himself last minute,and swung in between cars. Ben leaped off the web and shot another one,swinging towards the limo. Ben jumped off the web and landed on top of the limo. He punched through the roof and made a hole. He ripped the hole,making it even wider and saw a bunch of Mr.Negative's men.
"Spider-Man!"
They reached for their guns but Ben jumped into the limo and started punching the black dragons. He punched one through the door and saw him drag on the street. Ben webbed a henchmen to a car and saw him get pulled out of the limo and get driven away. One of the henchmen shot at Ben but the suit just absorbed the bullet.
"Now you've pissed us off..." Ben grabbed him and put his face out of the door. He slammed the door into his head,causing part of his mask to break. He started to bleed and Ben slowly lowered his face into the street as the limo sped through the streets of New York.
"No! Stop! I'll tell you what you want! Just let me go! Please!" Yelled the henchmen in fear.
"Where is Mr.Negative!" Yelled Ben angrily as he held his face over the pavement.
"His base is in the old train yard South of the Oscorp building!"

"Thanks,but we still remember that gun shot."

Ben put his face to the pavement and pieces of his skin started to tear off.

"AAAHHHH! AHHHHH!" Yelled the man. The limousine driver stopped the car and Ben let go of the man. The man had pieces of his skin and his face missing. Ben shot a web on the side of the limo and swung around the limo kicking the driver into a fire hydrant. The rain fell even harder and Ben looked at the Oscorp building.
"You're done Negative."

Ben had made his way to the old train station and sure enough the man told the truth. Ben could see a plethora of black dragons and Mr. Negative himself.
"We're gonna clear Oscorps name,and maybe we'll beat some more information out of him."
Ben slowly crawled from the roof and made his way onto the wall,up on the ceiling,and waited to overhear what they had to say.
"I've just gotten word that the spider has taken out our limousine,Shocker is down at the jail,and we still didn't get the chemical! Can you idiotic pieces of shi-" Ben webbed his mouth shut.
"Watch your language" said Ben in his now slightly deeper voice. The black dragons all jumped behind cover and tried finding guns. Mr.Negative melted the webs with his black lightning and he started shooting Ben with his lightning. Ben dodged and flipped out of the way of the lightning and bullets. Ben shot a web into the barrel of a black dragons gun causing an explosion,taking out a portion of the men. Ben leaped over a blast of lightning and kicked a henchmen in the face,breaking his nose. Ben's grabbed one of the black dragons and threw him threw the metal wall of the building. Ben's spider sense went off,he grabbed a black dragon on his left,and used his body as a shield from Mr.Negatives lighting.
"Crispy." He threw him ar Mr.Negative but he just blew a hole threw them. A fleeing group of black dragons threw grenades as they ran. Ben shot a web at Mr.Negative and pulled him into the grenades. He webbed up his hands and feet to the ground. The grenades went off and the entire building came crashing down in an explosion. Mr.Negative flew into the dirt and Ben swung away from the explosion making it outside.
"N-No! G-G...Get away from me!" Mr.Negative tried crawling away but was grabbed by Ben.
"Where did you get the Oscorp tech from!" He yelled angrily.

"S-Stole I-It.Inside j-job"

Ben punched Mr.Negative,blood ran down from his nose and his wounds minor flesh wounds from the explosion.

"Where is the evidence!"

"I-I can't tell you"

"BULLSHIT!"

Ben slammed him into the dirt and stomped on his arms breaking them. He pulled Mr.Negatives head up and asked again

"Where! Is! The! Evidence!"

"M-Midtown..."

"Midtown what!"

Ben kicked Mr.Negatives head.

"...St-stop...Please..." Mr.Negatives voice changed. Instead of a tough,deep,and menacing voice,it turned to a familiar one. It was Martin Li. Ben's science teacher.

"I-It wasn't m-me. It was him..."

Ben backed off and then police lights surrounded him. Mr.Negatives skin went from a glowing black to that of Martin Li's own. Carson and a squad of Police men arrived and saw Ben and a bloody,broken,and mamed Martin Li.
"You're under arrest Spider-Man! Put your hands up!"

"Make me" said Ben in his deep and menacing voice. Ben punched a cop into a tree,dodged the bullets and kicked two of the policemen near the fire. Carson aimed his gun at Ben but his gun as web pulled away. They just stood there looking at each other. Ben shot a web and swung away. Carson examined all of the hurt,bleeding,and maimed men then at the building on fire.
"Just when I thought you were an actual hero" said Carson in disbelief. He pulled out a walkie talkie and spoke
"Spider-Man was here,put an arrest warrant on him. Spider-Man is now a public enemy,and a threat to us all."