33.Ben and Grace

Ben was walking to his door and took off his mask, still wearing the suit. He went to open the door and Grace opened it for him.
"Hi..." Said Ben awkwardly

"Hey..." Said Grace awkwardly

"How did you get in?" Asked Ben as he held his head down

"The key in the plant pot" said Grace as she moved over to let him in. Ben walked in and Grace closed the door and crossed her arms. Ben turned to look at her still in his costume, his mask in his hand.
"Where you planning on telling me?" Asked Grace

Ben remained silent

"Be honest Ben...where you going to tell me?"

"No...not after Ethan" he said sadly as he glanced at a crack in the wall from his outburst of anger.

"Look, I know Ethan had a toll on you and the symbiote didn't help but Ben...you know I'm here for you"

"Look Grace, everyone that has known my identity has gotten hurt or killed. I don't want you to be just another body. Not like Joel or Ethan." He said in a very dry, and almost hopeless tone.

"Ben..." She said as she slowly put her right hand on his face. He looked up at her and starred into her eyes.
"You've saved me countless times. Don't you think it's time someone's saved yours? You have Emma to help you out there and me to help you from the sidelines" She said caringly. Ben nodded and said "Thank you Grace".

Grace kissed Ben and he kissed back, dropping his mask to the floor and holding her waist with his hands. They stopped kissing and looked at each other.
"I'm gonna stay the night here, with you Ben"

"That would be nice" he said as he smiled. Grace received a call from Carson and she answered it. Ben went upstairs to get some clothes to change into to. He then heard Carnage talk to him.
"Such a nice girl she is Ben"

"You even think about hurting her and I will de-"

"Easy there Ben, why would we do that?" Said Carnage as he laughed

"I'll get rid of you soon enough" said Ben as he changed into a shirt and shorts. He walked downstairs and put his suit in his back pack. Grace chuckled and looked at Ben as she shoved his suit in his bag.
"Whats so funny?"

"Didn't you make it so that you didn't have to do that anymore? Like a remote controlled spidey suit?"

Ben stopped and facepalmed
"Yeah...."

"You are such a goof" she said as she laughed. Ben sat on the couch and and Grace sat with him. They cuddled and watched t.v. together as they both went to sleep. Ben looked at the calendar and saw that tomorrow was the field trip to the statue of liberty.
"Maybe I'll actually get to enjoy my trip tomorrow". The sound of a helicopter could be heard as it passed through the sky. The shadow on the ground was that of a bird. Ben shrugged it off and assumed it was just timing. He then closed his eyes and went to sleep with Grace in his arms.