13.Ben Finds Out Ethan's Secret

Ben jolted up from his bed and gasped.
"What a crazy dream..." He looked at his alarm clock and saw it was 12:00 in the afternoon. He stretched and felt sore.
"Ow...Just ow." He got out of bed and saw he had on black clothes. He then heard his phone vibrate,it was a message from Emma.
"Ben I'm coming over,we need to talk." He opened his phone and opened up his news app. He saw the headline.
"Spider-Man Stops Mr.Negative and The Black Dragons, But is he a threat?" Ben stood there in shock.
"Wait...So that wasn't a dream? It was real?" He looked into his mirror but felt nothing,only satisfaction.
"He got what he deserved."

Ben was down stairs and heard Emma knocking on his door. He got up and opened the door for her. Emma walked in and Ben closed the door. Then Emma looked at Ben,confused and sad.
"Let's just cut to the chase Ben. I thought you were a hero,not a monster."

Ben looked at her confused.
"A monster?"

"Yes Ben!" She said angrily.

"You almost tore a man's face off! You beat them to a bloody pulp! You almost left Mr.Li paralyzed! I know you stopped them but,this isn't you! This isn't the Ben I know! It's not the Spider-Man these people need!" She yelled in anger and sadness.

Ben had a face of rage.
"How would you know! You don't know what it's like to be me! They deserved everything thing they got!"

"You're right,I dont know what it's like to be you Ben,because you never let me help! I just wanted to help you! But you never let anyone in Ben! When does being Spider-Man become an obsession rather than a responsibility? When does protecting turn into murder!?"

"Everytime you try to help you only make it worse!" Ben was fueld with rage.

Emma looked down sadly and then looked at Ben with tears in her eyes.
"I thought you were a hero Ben,but it turns out you're no better than people like Mr.Negative."

Ben made a fist in anger.

"We're done Ben! I worried so much about you! You can't imagine all the nightmares I've had about you dying!"

She walked to the door with tears in her eyes and then as she opened it she looked at Ben.
"You haven't even gone to visit your mom in the hospital,I'm done worrying about you Ben. Goodbye,forever." She slammed the door and ran away crying. Ben was angrier than he's ever been before. He punched the wall making a small hole. He then knocked over the bookshelf,threw the table into the wall,and ripped down posters in his room. He yelled out of anger and then looked in the mirror as the blinds covered the light. The room was dark and Ben only saw half his face in the mirror. The other half of his face was the black suit.
"Let's finish what we started. Midtown High here we come."

Ben was at an empty Midtown High. He was in his black suit and he crawled into the Martin Li's classroom. He reppled down from the ceiling and landed behind his desk. He turned on the computer and started going through the files. He didn't find anything. He started searching through the drawers in the desk and found a flash drive with a black dragon on it. He put it in the computer and two files popped up. One of them reading "Newest Member" and the other "Genesis 312" he opened up the "Genesis 312" folder first. In the folder there was the description of the drug. It read "Amplifies anger and strength. Used for new recruits to bring them into the Black Dragons. The only side affect of the pill is an unstable thinking pattern."

Ben then opened up the "Newest Member" folder. Inside he found not David but instead Ethan. There was one video titled "Initiation Complete". He watched the video. In the video Ethan was holding a gun and walked up to Ben's house. He shot the glass window and jumped through the window.
"An eye for an eye" said Ethan calmly. He pulled the trigger,the bullet hitting Ben's mom in the side of her stomach.
"Hey! Freeze! You're under arrest!" Ben stood there in shock as the video ended. He yelled in anger and threw everything off the table.
"ETHAN!!!" He yelled out furiously. He punched the table clean in half and then looked out the window angrily.
"WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!" He jumped out of glass window shattering it as he swung away.