25.New Alliances

Ben was seemingly awake but he looked at his chest and saw that his suit was undammaged and back to it's original red and blue. He looked around and saw that web's were all over the empty,desolate area.
"Am I,Dead?" Said Ben confused. He took off his mask and walked forward. With each step he was able to see more of the web covered area. He then saw the familar car again.

"Why is this specific car always here?" Said Ben confused. Then infront of him Peter landed on the hood of the car. Ben stood infront of Peter with his head down and his mask in hand.
"I-I'm sorry about our last conversation..." Said Ben almost ashamed of himslef. Peter got off the car's hood and stood infront of Ben with his right hand on his shoulder.
"It's okay son,I went through the same thing. I'm proud of you" said Peter as he took off his mask. Ben lifted his head and.looked at Peter.
"But...I gave up. I gave up on everyone"

"But you came back,that's what being a hero is all about Ben. You will face tougher challenges ahead but,I know you'll overcome them. That's what the Parkers do best."

Ben and Peter shared a laugh and smiled.
"Thanks dad" said Ben as he began to see a bright light shine. The light got brighter and brighter until everything was white. Ben heard a voice call out to him saying "Ben" over and over. He opened his eyes to a blurry view of what seemed to be Carson. His view got better and could see Carson clearly now. Ben sat up quickly and looked at Carson.
"Where am I? How long was I out? Where's Lizard and Mr.Negative?!" Said Ben quickly and almost understandable.
"Hey,hey take it easy Ben. You're safe. I brought you to my house" said Carson reassuringly. Ben took a breathe and looked at his wounds and torn suit.
"Now let me apologize. We got off on the wrong foot about this whole,Spider-Man thing. I saw back there that you are trying to do good. Thing is though,the boys at the station aren't all too convinced yet."

"Even after I...saved them from Lizard and Mr.Negative?"

"They think you killed you're friend,Ethan."

"I'm assuming thats not the only reason?"

Carson nodded and grabbed Ben's mask.
"You're not alone Ben,I'm willing to help you clear your reputation. Hell I know I'm not you're only supporter either. You got this city divided but there are some people who still see you as a hero."

Ben's spider sense went off and he immediately grabbed the maks from Carson's hands and put it on. Ben tried getting up off the couch and slowly managed to get back up. The door opened and Grace walked in. Grace stood there and dropped her purse.
"S-Spider-Man?" Said Grace in shock. She closed the door and looked at Carson and Ben.
"Hi" said Ben as he waved awkwardly.
"S-Spider-Man..." Said Ben awkwardly. Grace looked at her father and Carson walked up to her.
"I know I have a lot to explain honey,but long story short. We've started a new partnership. Go to your room and get some rest."

"No dad. Look at him,he's bleeding. He's saved me multiple times. I feel I need to return the favour" said Grace standing her ground. She walked to the bathroom and went to get the first aid kit. Ben kept his mask on and then Carson got a call from the station.
"Look I have to go,When you're done come to the police station as you,not Spider-Man. By yourself and follow my lead" said Carson whispering to Ben. Carson closed the door and drove off to the station. Ben sat on the couch and held his stomach,he looked at his ruined suit and at his wounds. Grace came out of the bathroom with first aid and opened it on the floor. She kneeled on one knee and began taking out the medical supplies.

"You know first aid?"

"Yeah,I take a class on medical treatment on the weekends"

Grace looked at Ben and told him to lay down on the couch. Ben layed down and Grace spread his arms out. Grace went to take off Ben's mask but Ben stopped her.
"I need to see if you have any cuts on your face,parts of your mask are ripped" said Grace caringly.

"I'm sorry but I can't take this mask off. It won't be good for you or me if I do."

"It wouldn't do that much harm right? What's the worst that could happen?"

"Alot actually. I've let one person in and...It ruined everything" said Ben sadly.

"Oh,I'm sorry..." Said Grace with a sad look on her face. She began to patch Ben up. They said nothing to each other until Grace finished patching him up.
"Thanks,but I have to get going" said Ben as he walked still a little hurt to the door. Grace grabbed his arm and Ben turned around.
"You must be tired of doing this alone right?"

"Pardon?"

"I mean,You could use some help"

"No no no no no,absolutely not. I know where you're going with this,absolutely not"

"Look hear me out! You need all the help you can get right now. You're first fight back and this happens to you. I don't have to do the whole swinging from building to building thing but I can be like your eyes and ears" said Grace eager and willing to help.

Ben said nothing and thought about the situation at hand. He reluctantly said yes.
"But we cannot mention this to your father or anyone,deal?"

"Deal,and we can keep this fully anonymous. You know me,and I only Spider-Man,not the guy under the mask"

Grace wrote down her number and gave it to Ben. Ben grabbed the paper and swung out of the house.