Chapter Five

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my time to leave." -Tupac Shakur

When you wake up in the morning you may realize that you were just in a really deep sleep. Such a deep sleep that you drooled all over your pillow and you were snoring. So when I opened my eyes this morning and realized I did every one of those things, I was extremely embarrassed. One: I just slept with Ashton Lotest. Two: I drooled on Ashton's chest. And three: I was snoring.

I look down at Ashton's chest to see a patch of wetness. I groan internally at what he might say when he wakes up. I seriously hope he didn't hear me snoring. Moving Ashton's arms away from my waist, I cautiously move out of my bed.

"You snore loud." Says Ashton when I start to stand.

I look at Ashton and he lies there with a smile on his face. My cheeks warm and I reach for my green pillow to throw at his face. Ashton laughs when it hits him in the face.

"It's not like I meant to." I mumble with a scowl on my face.

Ashton laughs and gets out of my bed also. He stretches his back and his shirt rises a few inches. My eyes latch on to the area of his skin that is showing. Tanned and toned. When he clears his throat, I roll my eyes and head to my bathroom to brush my teeth. As I pass by my dresser, I notice my phone lighting up. I grab my phone and check my messages. As I scroll through my messages from Haze, I reach for my toothpaste and toothbrush.

Haze: I'm going to start college like a normal person would!

Haze: Why aren't you responding? Are you with Ashton?

Haze: I call dibs on being the madrina!

I roll my eyes at her last message as I brush my teeth. I pause from brushing and quickly type a response back to my best friend.

"I hope you brush your hair!" Exclaims Ashton from my bedroom.

When I slam the bathroom door, Ashton's laughter can be heard clearly. Once I'm done brushing my teeth (and my hair), I open my bathroom door. Ashton is looking at my pictures that I have framed on my dresser. When I walk up beside him, he points to a certain picture.

"Is that your mom?" Asks Ashton.

Ashton glances at me quickly before looking back at the picture. I look at the picture also and a ghost of a smile appears on my face.

"Yeah, that's her. It was when she first met my dad in college." I tell him.

My mom's blond hair is braided loosely and she's sitting on a tire swing with a bright smile on her face. You can tell that she was with my dad by how she isn't looking at the camera. Her eyes are looking just above and she seems to be completely in love by the way she smiles.

"I can tell." Murmurs Ashton.

I look at him then back at the picture.

"How so?" I ask with curiosity.

"I'm just able to tell. You both have the same blond hair and the same brown eyes. And your smile looks like hers, too." He tells me.

Nodding my head, I smile and grab his wrist so we can eat breakfast. Once we get in the kitchen, Sill is cooking some bacon and pancakes. She whistles happily but jumps when she notices Ashton.

"Good morning, Sill." Comments Ashton like it's perfectly normal to be eating breakfast at my house.

He walks to the bar stool and sits down before looking at me.