Chapter Twenty-seven

"Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman, but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man."

After eating the breakfast that Sophia made, Haze and I go back to her room to pick a bathing suit. Even though the temperature hasn't reached its highest peak for the day, Haze is determined to go as early as we can. My best friend lifts a pink two piece for me to judge. I shake my head.

This is the fifth time that I said no to one of her bathing suits. They're really pretty, especially the bright colored ones. It's just I don't feel comfortable wearing something like that. Haze is able to pull anything off. I can't.

"Okay," Haze says while sighing. She runs her hands through her short, black hair before dropping them to her sides. It makes a loud clapping noise. "You don't like any of the ones I'm suggesting so look for yourself."

I stand up from sitting in her desk chair and look through her drawer that's filled with bathing suits. A black two piece catches my eye. I take it out of her drawer to show her. Many strings connect to where your boobs would be, but the rest of it seems to look normal. Three strings would go across your hips and it stops there.

"I'll try this one." I tell her.

I close the door of her bathroom and strip out of my clothes. I put on the bathing suit as fast as I can, but it's kind of a struggle with all the strings that are attached to this bathing suit. Once I finally have it on, I notice a VS brooch is right in the middle where the top piece connects. I adjust the tangled strings before I show Haze.

I spread out my arms as I wait for Haze's opinion. She nods her head before smiling wide.

"You look good in it."

I roll my eyes and put on one of Haze's white cover ups. I quickly tie the white strings together as I wait for her to put on her own suit. She comes out wearing a teal two piece. The top has no strings that'd go around your neck, and the bottoms slightly show some of her butt. I roll my eyes.

"Do I have Miss Mackenzie's approval?" Haze asks me.

"Please, like you'd listen to me."

Haze laughs and picks up her pile of magazines that she has on her desk. I grab my phone and her headphones since I won't be reading those fashion magazines. Are you actually reading when you look at fashion magazines? Are they considered reading or not?

The sun shines brightly outside, and the pool water ripples from the breeze. I feel the sun on my uncovered skin, and as I lay down on the pool chair, I bask in it and listen to the birds chirp. Haze mumbles to herself and a few curse our spoken out loud. I open my right eye, looking to see what has Haze in a jumbled up mess.

She's sorting through her magazines with one hand and the other is scratching at the skin that's covered by the strap of her bathing suit. Shaking my head, I plug the headphones to my phone and listen to some music.

Right when I am about to drift off to sleep, Haze pokes me on my leg. I scrunch my nose and pull the headphones from my ears.

"What?" I ask with a snappish tone in my voice.

Pulling her hair up in a quick ponytail, Haze gives me a guilty look. "Would you do a favor with me?" She asks me. Oh no, this can't be good.

"It's just a small favor that I don't want to do alone!" She quickly blurts out when she sees me beginning to shake my head.

"Fine," I huff. "What's the so called favor?"

"My bathing suit keeps on irritating my back, and I want to take it off. I won't be showing off my boobs to the sky! It's just I don't want to do it alone in case someone comes and only sees me doing it."