Chapter Thirty-one

"Because she will fall again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again."

Ashton reaches for two pairs of keys that hang on key hooks in the hallway. I raise an eyebrow and follow after him to the separate garage. The heat is becoming hotter and hotter after each passing minute.

"Why are we in your garage?" I ask Ashton as he swirls the keys around his pointer finger.

He flashes me a smile and nods his head to the three four-wheelers that are beside a truck and tractor. The Lotest's garage is a huge. The flooring has many scratches everywhere, there's a tool section in the corner, spare tires, and a few ceiling fans. I'm guessing this is Ashton's Dad's man cave.

Ashton opens one of the drawers that are mostly likely filled with different tools. He lifts a screwdriver and a bolt.

"I just want to show you all my dad's tools."

I roll my eyes, smiling. "Fascinating." Ashton laughs and puts the stuff back in the drawer and closes it before throwing me a key. I catch easily.

"You still haven't given me an answer." I tell him.

"Would you want to go four-wheeling?" Ashton asks me.

Immediately, I smile wide and grip the key. I scan my eyes over the different ones to see which one I want to ride. The red four-wheeler with a black cushion catches my attention so I point to it.

"Could I have that one then?"

Smiling, Ashton motions to the red one, and I walk over to it. I straddled the four-wheeler and start it up. I tightly grip the handles and glance at Ashton. He's on his own four-wheeler, watching me.

"What?" I ask him over the loud rumbling.

"Nothing. You just look hot right now." He yells.

My cheeks warm, and I shoot him a playful glare. "Stop trying to get brownie points, Lotest, and tell me where to go so I can beat you to it."

Ashton lifts an eyebrow. "So we have a race on our hands," He rubs his hands together and wiggles his eyebrows. "There's a trail in the woods right beside the dog pens. It's big enough for both wheelers to be side-by-side. The winner who reaches the top of the hill first is able to do anything to the loser."

I nod my head, trying to think of something to do to Ashton. I haven't notice it for a long time now, but he never told me about it. If I win, I won't be doing something to Ashton. I'll ask him something, and he has to answer.

"Fine with me. Prepare to get your ass beat to a pulp."

I rive up my four-wheeler and blow Ashton a kiss. He laughs before raising his hand with three fingers in the air.

"Go!" I yell before he gets to one.

I floor the gas while laughing as I try to remember where the dog pen is located. I hear Ashton's four-wheeler right behind me, and I notice the opening of the woods. Funny how I never noticed it until today. The dogs bark like maniacs as I fly by them.

Ashton passes by me, and I grit my teeth in frustration. The trees beside me cast a shadow on everything, and every few seconds a ray of sunshine meets my eyes. Gripping the handles, I begin to catch up to Ashton. He glances at me over his shoulder, making me know he's not fully paying attention. That's when I'm able to be a hair in front of him as I reach the hill.

"I let you win," Is the first thing Ashton says as he pulls up beside me.

My hair is a mess from the wind, I'm still high on the adrenaline rush, and seeing Ashton looking like that keeps me away looking at the view from the top of the hill.