Chapter Thirty-six

"She wasn't my first kiss but she's the kiss that's mattered, the kiss that's made me realize I didn't want to kiss anyone else. So now my lips belong to her. Just look at them . . . Her name's written all over them." -Oko Ninjah

I keep my hand of cards close to my chest. I'm sitting on my butt with my elbows on the coffee table, waiting patiently for Haze to set down one of her cards. The past two days of staying in Florida have been fantastic and memorable. We've been to the beach many times, played mini golf on Galley instead of Deck, and went to a small pizza joint that made the best strawberry smoothies. Whenever we aren't doing anything 'big', we usually just chill by the pool or play games.

Playing cards has been a big thing.

Carter rolls his eyes, groaning dramatically and putting his cards in his lap. I smile. I know exactly why he's getting annoyed.

Haze isn't the best person to play cards with. One moment she takes forever to place her card down, the next she's yelling at you because you one. Yeah, she's a sore loser, but I think all of us are by this point.

"Just put down a damn card, Haze." Carter begs.

She sighs before gingerly putting her card down in the pile. I look to see what the card is. Queen of Cloves. Ashton shakes his head and reaches for the pile.

"Sorry, guys. I need to complete my three queens." He says.

"Oh, come on!" Haze exclaims in shock.

Ashton smiles and piles together his four Queens with the rest of his other piles. Carter smirks and fist bumps Ashton.

"Nice. Boys always win."

Not this again. I think Carter may be having an obsession with bets lately. He keeps on bringing them up, but now that Haze and I have learned our lesson, we don't dive in to them.

"Everything is going to backfire on you, Carter." Haze says as she organizes the rest of her cards.

I decide to ignore them and set down the first card from the extra pile. When I see it's a Four Hearts, I place my Six of Cloves down. Now it's Carter's turn, but he has a pout on his face.

"Let's play a different game, guys."

"You're just saying that because you're losing." I say.

Haze nods her head. "For once I'm agreeing with Carter. Let's play something else."

I feel Ashton wrap his arm around my shoulders and pull me too his side.

"Can't. Mackenzie and I are going somewhere."

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I look up at Ashton. He smiles and gives me a kiss on my cheek. My cheeks flame.

"Are you taking her a date," Haze asks quickly. "That's romantic. Where you're taking her?"

Ashton stands and offers his hands for me take. I stand from his help and throw my cards on the coffee table. Guess I'm going on a date.

"Do I have to get ready?"

Ashton smiles with his dimples appearing. "Nope, you look perfectly fine."

I wave goodbye to Carter and Haze before following after Ashton. I have no clue were Ashton would take me for this sudden date. He must have asked Carter what are some things we could do since this is our first time being in Florida.

Walking out of the den, I watch Ashton pick up a familiar tote bag. I smirk at the sequined two letter word.

"I didn't know you shopped at Victoria's Secret."