RR::17

(a/n: SAY THE NAMEEEE)

|The Start|

By the time Jeon Jungkook entered his father's office, he knew something was wrong. The older Jeon was very tense and tired from what Jungkook noticed. His eyes held this kind of uneasiness which didn't help calm his own raging nerves at all.

"What do you want?" He sighs as he sat on the couch at one corner of the office. "How's your relationship with Taehyung?" The king gets straight to the point as Jungkook felt his heart beat so fast and that wasn't in a good way.

"We're...fine."

"Have you turned soft for him Jungkook? The plan to take over the Roseus kingdom will fail!" His father shouts, slamming his fist on his desk.

Take over?

"I have not been informed of such plans Dad! Why would we take over when our own kingdom is doing great?" The brunette was so confused. First thing he knows is that his father wants him to turn Taehyung into a rebellious prince and the next thing he knows is that they plan to take over his fiance's kingdom?

"Does Mom know about this?" He asks again, completely bewildered. "You do not speak about this to your mother young man. If you do, I will not hesitate to take back our deal and drag Taehyung away from you," His father threatened and although he didn't show it, Jungkook thought that his blood went cold at such words.

"Father that's so unfair!"

"This is my household and I do what I please! I'm only doing this to protect you Jungkook."

"Protect me? You guys are restraining me," Tears were brimming in his eyes as he silently scolded himself for being so vulnerable in front of his stepdad. Joohyun sighs at the scene as guilt slowly takes over.

"Just listen to me Jungkook and I will explain everything," The older said and walks over to place a comforting hand on his son's shoulder.

"For the past month, we were getting reports from the guards that Lee Saejun has been taking action towards escaping. There was also a time where they found him near they spotted him almost outside of our kingdom's prison. Your father is a powerful man although he wasn't born rich. We cannot deny that he is very smart and dangerous due to past records. Currently, we are slowly lowering our rankings in the four kingdomsㅡwith Roseus being the highest and Caeruleus coming in last."

"But why do we need to involve Roseus in this? We could just execute Saejun or send him to the Ozriqium," Jungkook questions as his voice was barely above a whisper.

(a/n: Ozriqium is just something I made up -purely fiction. It's a highclass prison located in neutral grounds. No one has ever escaped the Ozriquim and if so, they died trying.)

"That's the problem. We cannot just simply execute him in respect to the rules of execution. Saejun has to go into trial where all leaders coming from the four kingdoms will judge his faith. Believe me when I say the rest underestimates Saejun too much causing them to disregard the trial that I have offered," The king explains further. What Jungkook was feeling was indescribable. There was a mix of anger, worry and sadness that clashed in his heart altogether. For the first time in his years of living, he felt that he was going to loose everything.

Pieces connected together as if he was solving a complex jigsaw puzzle. Realization dawned onto him harder than he thought it would.

"You need me to control Taehyung so once he takes over the kingdom, we'd have enough power to bring that douche to the Ozriquim," Jungkook mutters in realization. The king nods and smiles slightly in hopes Jungkook would understand what he had to do.

Both his head and heart aches that he felt like fainting. He clutched the area where his heart is located, feeling the rapid heartbeats being produced. "D-dad, if you will excuse me, I want to rest in my room," He says quietly and dashes away once he received a nod from the older who understood that everything was a lot to take in.

Jungkook runs to his room at a very fast pace. Everything confused him. He didn't like this. He didn't even spare a glance at Miri who kept barking at him.

The brunette enters his room and collapses onto the floor, his back resting against the door and his head throbbing in pain. As soon as he tried to take in deep breaths, it was if his lungs were on fire and his only source of oxygen was gone.

He couldn't breathe.

"No, fuck! This isn't happening," he yells as his whole being felt like disappearing. A raging wave of sadness overcomes him, the feeling of drowning in sorrow very present in his thoughts. He stands up and grabs the nearest thing around him which he guesses is a mug as his vision was clouded by the combination salty tears and dizziness. The sound of the mug breaking fills his ears as the ceramic object was thrown at the wall.

Jungkook screams as he threw away his music sheets along with sketch books, but it didn't satisfy him. He needed something more, another thing to break like how broken he was feeling right now. His gaze turned to his guitar, the only thing that he received from his biological father. Fueling his anger, he did not hesitate to grab the instrument and break it into pieces.

Jungkook's anger was gone now but the despair took over.

"Shit!" he cries as tears began streaming down his cheeks. He cries for his family for being so messed up and never living up to his ideal. He cries for his real father who brought nothing but trouble in his life. He cries for Taehyung for being so fucking lovable, for breaking down Jungkook's mask and for making him feel like he could be happy. He cried for himself who wasn't strong enough, for being attached to a certain blonde male, for being born into a complicated family and for believing in happy endings that would never happen to him. Lastly, he cries for life that made him like this and for being so cruel.

Jungkook was torn.

He knew that his father was right, that he needed to do this in order to protect and be protected. And at the same time, he knew it was wrong to involve Taehyung into this.

A dark and gloomy aura surrounded Jungkook at one more realization. He seems to be learning a lot of things today, how he wish he didn't tho.

He's beginning to like Kim Taehyung.

"Hyunri!" He calls for the maid as he wipes his tears.

"Y-yes your highness?"

"Clean this mess up. I'm going for a drink," Jungkook orders, grabbing his jacket and walks away into the cold night.

-🍓-

No fluff for this chapter. Mianhe