RR::27

"Taking full control over the kingdom? You make it sound so easy. Taehyung may be sillly but he's not dumb. Should I go all 'my biological dad poisoned your father. Sorry'? That's insane! I love him dad. Why can't you understand? This whole plan was bound to hurt him from the beginning and the guilt is eating me alive."

Taehyung has finally marked this day as unfortunate. He felt sick. Just as he was smiling while he was awaiting to see his partner again, he never imagined to be greeted with such words upon seeing the younger. Who would've thought that the person he held closer to his heart would bring him so much pain.

"Taehyung!"

He hears the other shout as he continued to run through the hallway, trying to find the nearest exit he could take. Taehyung started to slow down as he cursed himself for being so unfit at the moment.

"Hyung wait!" And at that exact moment, Jungkook was able to catch Taehyung's wrist in order to stop him from getting away any further. "Fuck! Let go!" He demands like a kid throwing a tantrum at his parents. Of course, Jungkook did the exact opposite and gripped his wrist tighter.

"H-hyung I am so sorry but if you could let me explain-"

"I don't want to hear it. I heard what you said Jungkook! You made it loud and clear that you didn't even want me in the first place. You and your whole fucking family kept lying to us," Taehyung retorts, the anger in his system waiting to be spilled.

Jungkook flinched under Taehyung's dark gaze. "That was before I got to know you! I tried to convince my dad to stop but I needed to protect my family," The younger explained and removed his grip on the older's wrist once he realized that Taehyung won't run away.

Taehyung scoffs, "what about me huh? My father is lying on his deathbed as we speak and have you forgotten that it's your fault?"

Taehyung takes a step towards him and Jungkook suddenly felt so small.

"I trusted you with every fibre of my being. I laughed and cried with you for who knows how long. I loved you! And this is what I get? Was I the only one who thought that it was us against the world? Did you only want me for power? Were you that selfish?
I should punish you shouldn't I? You betrayed me; made me into a fool while you enjoyed watching from the throne."

Jungkook was cornered now and they were the only ones present in the hallway. His heart was beating erratically that he could hear it throb in his ears. His knees felt weak and he was tongue tied. Taehyung was towering over him and the murderous glint in his eyes made him feel cold.

The older clicked his tongue. "Would life imprisonment be enough? What about execution? I seem to be asking you a lot of things and it's best to answer me," Taehyung's voice was octaves low again, it was like some kind of crypton that made him feel overwhelmed.

"I-i...you..c-can't..." He starts of but no words form.

The lump in Jungkook's throat grew and the dark pit in his stomach continued to form. He was so close to breaking down. "T-tae, you know that my re-real dad was.."

"Bullshit. I don't care about what your dad did because he is actually sick in the head. What I care about is the fact that the one I love shamelessly sashayed his way into my life just to wreck me and gain full control of what I have. Isn't that such a slap in the face Jungkook?!" Taehyung yells and placed his hand near the side of Jungkook's head.