epιlogυe

|Royal Rebels|

"-kook...Jungkook!"

Jungkook groaned softly, the rays of the sun hitting his eyes disturbed his slumber. He turned to the right in order to hug the person who used to occupy that side of the bed.He was greeted with an empty space once again.

"Oh," Jungkook sighed and mustered the energy to finally sit up. His brown orbs scanned through the wide room, no sight of the one he was looking for. The young king made his way to the kitchen, passing by the wall filled with memorable pictures that were hung.

Pictures of him and his Little Tiger.

He has successfully reached the kitchen but frowned when he didn't see anyone standing there. The house felt so empty that made him remember things he didn't want to. He didn't want to be left alone again.

"T-taehyung?" he called out, the panic finally setting in. He needed his warmth. He needed his scent. He needed him. "T-tae where are you?" Jungkook stuttered  as searched the living room. 

Fuck. I can't see him. Fuck

"Baby?" that familiar deep and velvety voice reached his ears, making Jungkook whimper and turn around. "Why are you crying love?" Taehyung wondered as he saw tears brimming in his lover's eyes, putting down the book he was reading.

"Cm'here," the now black haired boy said, opening his arms wide enough for Jungkook to run into. "Now will baby tell me why he's sad?" he cooed when Jungkook buried his face deeper into the elder's chest.

"I-i...I tho-thought that..."

"You thought that I disappeared again?"

Jungkook didn't say anything but nodded nonetheless. Taehyung was so warm, soothing and he smelled like a mix of strawberry and vanilla. He was perfect.

Soft and slender fingers entangle themselves into Jungkook's brown locks, a sigh escaping the younger. "I won't go anywhere yeah? And if so, we'll always go together," Taehyung reassured whilst pressing a kiss on his forehead.

---

"Why today? I thought the appointment was on a Tuesday," Jungkook groaned as he sat down onto the passenger's seat. Taehyung chuckled and started the engine. "I know you're excited to meet him...or her."

"I mean- I guess a him would be fine."

"You think so?" Jungkook nodded.

"Well let's go find a boy," Taehyung chuckled and drove faster, eliciting a squeal from the boy beside him. "Hey baby, you do know that we have to move to the castle soon right? And actually do some royal shit," Taehyung reminded which made Jungkook sigh. "Yeah but that could wait. I wanna spend my time with you. We deserved it after everything we've been through."

  They arrived at the building quicker than they thought, maybe it was because there wasn't much traffic or maybe it was because Taehyung kept driving recklessly and taking shortcuts. Who knows?

Anyway, the couple entered the building. The younger's eyes roamed around as nostalgia filled in. "It didn't change that much huh?," he muttered to himself.

St. Irene's Orphanage 

The memories of half of his childhood. Jungkook, along with his mother and brother, stayed in this orphanage to hide from their father. It went on for about five years before his stepfather took them in and made them a part of the royal family.