Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

I close the door and slid down. Hugging my knees close to me and place my head in my hands.

Y/N... I love you so much. I need you back... No. I WILL have you back... You'll be mine again

-Jack's Confession and Enoch's Sudden Outburst-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week since Jack came. He's been really friendly to me. He's always there when I feel down. To he honest... I don't know how I act when I'm around him.

It's morning, I get up from my bed and stretch. It's still the same day, same time as it's always been.

I walk out of my bedroom, then I head downstairs where everyone would be having breakfast. Now Jack is the one to sit next to me. I actually like having him around. His presence is comforting. What if I'm falling for him? No... I don't wanna... I'll just get hurt again.

When I reach the dining table. I take a seat in my usual spot. Jack looks at me and smile. I give a small smile back. "Morning, Y/N..." He said. "Morning Jack" I said. He keeps smiling at me. I didn't notice the glare Jack is getting from a certain Scottish accent boy.

Enoch P.O.V

I glare at the new boy. He keep staring at Y/N, smiling like an idiot. I can't let this goes on. I have to do something soon. If this goes on, Y/N would fall for him.

Y/N P.O.V

As I eat... I notice something was off. Enoch and Olive hasn't spoken a single word to each other. 'What's going on with those two?' I thought. I look up briefly to look at them. Olive keep her eyes on her food. She's not really eating, she's just playing around with her food. Then I turn to look at Enoch. My eyes made contact with him.

We held eye contact for 10 seconds, then I quickly look away from him. 'His eyes... They held sadness... But why would they?' I thought to myself.

After breakfast is over. Miss Peregrine allows us to do anything we want. But since I have nothing to do, I just sit under the tree. It's always been and will be my favourite spot in this mansion.

I lean my head on the tree and look up at the sky. I close my eyes as I just enjoy the breeze, blowing my hair gently. Then there's a shadow covering my eyes from the sunlight. I open my eyes to see Jack. He looks down at me with a smile on his face.

"Jack? You need anything?" I asks. He shook his head and walk over to sit next to me. "I just wanna relax with you" he said. I look away from him to hide my blush. We stayed there in silent.

Then I feel something brushing against my hand. I look down to see Jack's hand really close to mine. He keep moving his hand until they are fully rested on top of mine. I look up at him, to see him looking at the other way. "What are you doing?" I asks. He gulps and turn to look at me. His face is scarlet. "I um... I don't know how to say this, but um... I-I really like you... Y/N" he said. My eyes widened in shock. "You... L-like me?" I asks. He nods his head.

Then he moves his head closer to me. His eyes is closed. But before his lips could touch mine, I move away. He open his eyes and look at me with a sadden expression. "I get it... I guess you didn't like me back" he said. "It's not that... I do like you... I just... Don't wanna get hurt again" I say. "I see... You've been in relationship before you met me" he said. "Yeah..." I said. "It's that Enoch guy, right?" He asks again. I just nod my head. My eyes focus on my shoes.

I felt fingers on my chin, then my head is tilted to look at him. "I know what it feels like to be heart broken... I understand... But could you give me a chance? Just one chance.... I really... Really like you... Please?" He said, his voice is pleading at me. 'What should I do? Should I give him a chance... Knowing that I would just be in pain again' I thought to myself. "Please..." He said again, this time in a lower voice.

"Okay...." I said. His eyes lit up at this. "Thank you... Thank you... Thank you!" He said. He pull me into a hug. I smile and hug him back. "Please don't hurt me... I don't wanna be in experience the pain again" I whispers. I feel his head nodded on my shoulder. "I promise... I'll show you how much I really do love you" he said.

Enoch P.O.V

I stand behind the tree as heard all their conversation. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. My fist is clenched tightly on my sides, turning my knuckle white. There's a bit blood dripping from how tight I'm clenching them. But I don't feel anything. The pain is on my chest, where my heart is. I start sobbing slowly. Trying my best to keep silent, so they won't know I'm here.

'Y/N and Jack are together now... I'm too late... I'd never have her back. She's with Jack now... I can't believe this... I shouldn't  have let her go... I'm so stupid!' I thought. "I'm so stupid!" I mutter angrily and storm off to my the house, then up to my room. I slam the door shut and lock it, so no one would bother me. I laid on my bed as I start to cry more.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

It's now time for dinner. Everyone is there, except for one person. Enoch. 'Where is he?' I thought to myself.

"Does anyone knows where Enoch is?" Miss Peregrine asks us. All of us just shake our heads. Then she turns to me. "Y/N, sweetie... Would you go to his room and check for him?" He asks. My eyes widened, 'why would he asks me. Why not Olive' I thought. But I know better than to talk back to her. I nod my head and get up. 

I walk upstairs and to his room. I gently give it a knock. No answer. I give it another knock and place my ear to the door. "Enoch... Are you in there?" I asks. "Y-Y/N..." I heard his voice. It sounds like he's been crying. "Open the door... Let me in" I said. There's footsteps then the door opens. Enoch looks down, but I notice the tears in his face. "Enoch... What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asks. Yes... he hurt me. But he's still in my heart. Of course I care.

"You..." He whispers. "What?" I asks, confused. "You're what happened Y/N... You and Jack are  what happen" he said, louder this time. I jump at his sudden outburst.

He grabs my shoulder "why... Why would you be with him?! Why Y/N... Why?!" He yells at me. His hands starts gripping on my shoulder tightly. "E-Enoch... Stop it.... Y-You're hurting m-me..." I said, trying to get him to stop.

"I'm still in love with you, Y/N.... Why would you accept him? Why would you be with him?! I want you back... I need you back?!" He yells more. I start shaking in fear. 'What has gotten to him...' I thought.

Then someone yank his hand off of me. The person stood in front of me as a shield. "Stop it! You're scaring her" it's Jack. Enoch grab his collar. "Don't tell me what to do! You took her from me... You should just die!" Enoch yells at Jack and start throwing a punch at him.

"Enoch! Stop!!!" I scream. Then the rest of the peculiars came and pull Enoch off from Jack. I run to Jack and cradle him in my arms. I look up at Enoch. "What has gotten into you, Enoch?! Jack didn't do anything?! Why would you attack him like this" I yelled at him. Tears are streaming down my face like a water fall.

His eyes widened at this. "I'm sorry... I-I didn't mean to... I love you, Y/N... I'm sorry for acting like this... I'm... I'm so sorry" he cried and turn around entering his room and slam it shut.

What has gotten into him... What happen to Enoch? Why is he acting like this....

*to be continued*