Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

Jack P.O.V

I watch the pair in sadness. No matter how hard I tried. Y/N would only love Enoch. It's always been him. It's just me who hoped that maybe she would return my feelings. How fool of me.

I have to let her go... She deserves to be happy. Even if it's not with me

-I'm Sorry... Jack-

Y/N P.O.V

Enoch is sick of high fever. So everyday I would come to his room once in a while to check on him. Just like what I'm doing right now. I make my way to his room, bringing a tray of food and some medicine with me.

After a while, I finally reach his room. I knock on his door. "Enoch... It's Y/N... Can I come in?" I asks. "Come on in..." I heard his voice from the other side of the door.

I slowly open the door. He's laying weakly on his bed. "Hey..." I said. I walk over to the table and place the tray there. "I brought you some meal... Do you want to eat it now?" I asks. He shook his head. I frown in respond "Enoch... You have to eat, otherwise it'll take longer for you to recover" I said. "Why do you care?" He asks, looking away from me.

"Enoch... What are you saying? Of course I'd care" I said. He looks at me "do you still love me?" He asks. I froze, I didn't expect him to asks that question. I look down. "I guess you don't, huh?" He said. I can hear the sadness in his voice as he said that. "You're wrong Enoch. I still love you" I said. "Then why'd you still be with him?" He asks.

"Enoch... I can't just leave Jack like that" I said, getting a bit annoyed by his questions. He look away. "Then just go back to your boyfriend and leave me alone" he said. "I'm trying to help you get better... But I can't do it, if you're being so stubborn" I said harshly. I got up from my seat and leave the room.

Enoch P.O.V

I heard the door open and close. I turn my head slightly to see an empty spot. I smile "looks like she still cares for me..." I said to myself. Then my smile turns into frown "but she's still with that boy" I growl. I lay on my side and close my eyes, slowly drift of to sleep.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting in my usual spot, which is under the tree. I just close my eyes as the wind blew softly through my hair.

As I relax, I hear footsteps coming towards me. I open my eyes to see Jack, looking down at me with a serious expression. I sit up straight and look at him. "Jack... Is there something wrong? Why are you staring at me like that? What happened?" I asks him. He just stayed silent, then he take a seat next to me.

There's a moment of silent. Then it was broke by him. "Y/N..." He said. I turn my head to look at him. He's looking at the ground. "Yeah? What is it?" I asks him. Then he turns his head slightly to look at me. "There's something I want to ask to you, and I want you to be honest with me..." He said. "Okay..." I respond.

He gulps "do you love me?" He asks. I froze, I didn't expect him to ask that. "I-I do..." I said, nervously. "But?" He questions. "What?" I ask, confused. "But you're still in love with Enoch... Am I right?" He asks. I look down in respond. I hear him sigh, then I feel a hand on my chin. Then my face is turn to look at him. "If you love him... I understand... I won't force you to love me fully... If you wanna be with him... I get it... I'll back off" he said. Then he moves his other hand to cup my cheeks. "Jack..." I said. "I just want you to know that, I really love you. But if you love Enoch... Then you have to be with him, instead of me" he said.

I just hug him. "I'm sorry Jack... I try to give my whole heart to you... I really did... But it seems that my heart chose Enoch and not you" I cried to his chest. "It's okay... I understand... I just want a chance to be with you, even if it's not for long" he said. Then I pull away from the hug. "Are you really gonna be okay?" I asks. He shrugs "I'll eventually be alright... Don't worry about me... Now go to him" he said.

I get up. Then I start making my way to Enoch's room. But before I enter the house. I turn around to look at Jack. He smiles and gives me a nod. Even though I can see the tears in his face. I smile apologetically at him. Then I turn around and start walking towards Enoch's room.

I finally get there. I give it a little knock. "Enoch... Can I come in?" I asks softly. "Go ahead..." I heard his voice. I open the door. His back is facing me. "What do you want now?" I heard him asks.

"Enoch... I've made my decision... Jack and I have broken up" I said. He gets up and looks at me in shock. "Y-you... Broke up w-with him?" He asks. I nod my head. "W-why? I-I thought you love him" he said. "I do... But" I stop. He stares at me, waiting for me to continue. I look at him with a smile. "I love you more... And I want to be with you" I said. His eyes widened, then he abruptly get up from the bed. But he stumbles.

I caught him before he hits the ground. "You idiot... You're not fit yet, don't just get up from the bed like that" I scold him. He stays silent and just keep me in his arms. "I miss you, Y/N" I heard him whispers. Then a kiss was place on my shoulder.

"I miss you too" I said, hugging him tighter. Then we pull away. Enoch moves his hand to my cheek and start caressing it softly. "Y/N... I love you... Will you be mine again?" He asks. I smile at him and nod my head. "I will..." I said. I lean closer to kiss him. But he stops me. I pull away and looks at him with confuse face. "Why did you stop me?" I asks. "I'm still sick, Y/N... I don't want you to catch my illness" he said. I just smile and kiss his forehead. "Then you'd better rest well... So you'd get well soon" I said. He nods his head. I guide him back to his bed, and lay him down.

"Get some sleep Enoch..." I said. He smiles and nod his head. "I will... But you'd be here when I wake up, right?" He asks. "Yes... I'll be here" I said, nodding my head. He close his eyes and his breathing even out, indicating he had fallen asleep. I smile as I place my head on the bed. Closing my eyes as well.

No matter what... I'll always find my way back to Enoch... That's because
we are meant to be

*To be Continued*