17

Leo sighed in relief, "How are you here?" He asked. 

"I still remember a few things you taught me, I was able to get us over here with something I designed."

"What brought you here to this place?" He asked. "Angus and his buddies used this as a trafficking hub." He motioned to the dark haired man who was getting carried away by other two men who worked for Leo. "He desguised it as a casino and fighting ring."

"Yeah, I know. I came here to get Fallon, she was kidnapped the other night, chasing your...Faris?"

"My God." He mumbled. "Please I need to see her."

"Of course."

Hawk and Leo walked out, his whistle beckoning his dog near. "So, what's going on? What made you ransack the building?" Hawk asked. 

"Like i said, the man was selling slaves."

"No I understand that, its just not every day you see a vigiliate in the midst of The Separation."

"Let's just say I got angry enough to do something about it." Leo replied. "It turns out I wasn't the only one who was angry about family members disappearing. We started to take matters into our own hands."

"Where's Eija?" He asked him. The look on Leo's face made Hawk wish that he never had asked the question. "What happened?" 

"She was captured and sold." He told him, not wanting to remember the details of that fateful day he had lost the love of his life. Hawk heard some familar voices in the distance and walked faster towards them. When a wisp of white hair could be seen in the distance, Leo froze. 

"Is that?"

"Yeah, Leo. That's Fallon." He told him, watching the expression on his face when he laid eyes on the back of her head. He took slow footsteps towards her, quiet enough so that neither her or Venner could hear him aproach. Hawk stood back, watching the reunion. When Leo was close enough, Venner caught his gaze and laid a hand on Fallon's shoulder. She turned to see the tall red headed man. He was so much older now, his eyes had wrinkles and his clean shaven face had a beard blanketing his chin. He was much more muscular than he was the last time she saw him. The loving light in his blue eyes returned as he stared at his little girl. 

They stood there in silence, Fallon looked up at him as if he were a ghost. She didn't believe it. Her body spoke before her mouth could, hugging him tightly around the waist. She felt his warm arms wrap around her, that feeling of safety returning to her like a dearly missed friend. 

If this was a dream, she didn't want to wake up. If it was a figment of her imagination, she didn't wato be brought back to reality. 

Venner walked up to Hawk for the two to have some privacy, "Is that who I think it is?" He asked. 

"Yeah." Hawk replied. 

"How?" 

"We just ran into each other." He shrugged. 

Leo looked at his daughter, she was a woman now. She was so tall and her green eyes gaurded her tears from falling. Something seemed to be missing from her, something very crucial. Leo couldn't put his finger on the piece missing from the expression on his beloved daughters face, it was as if he were looking through a window, the real Fallon just on the other side but the barrier was still up. He placed a hand on her cheek, she closed her eyes, she missed her father's touch, it was reassuring to know that the woman before him was real and not a figment of his imagingation. "You have grown, wisp."

"I've missed you." She smiled finally, the very image of her smiling face illuminating his soul. 

"I missed you too. I thought I'd never see you again." He shook his head in disbelief. 

"You should know of all people that I would never let that happen."

"You're right." He chuckled. 

"Is...Mom alive?" She asked, expecting the worst. Leo sighed and shook his head. 

"She's gone, Wisp. I'm sorry."

"Its alright, at least she's at peace now." She nodded, laying a hand on her Dad's shoulders. 

"Come, let's get you, Hawk and your friend somewhere safe tonight."

"Okay-" She jumped, noticing the whitish grey wolf that had leapt out of the thicket, approaching them. "Dad!" She pulled out her knife to protect him, the wolf's teeth showing in reaction to her aggression. 

"Fallon, its okay. That's Faris." He placed his hands on her shoulders, getting her to ease from her defense. "Put the knife away, he is my hunting dog."

"That explains the deer meat he stole." she looked down at the giant animal. Faris just gave her a huff of his breath as if scoffing at her. Leo chuckled at his dog's reaction, "I went looking for that food when I was captured."

"Yeah, Faris was actually scoping the place out." Leo bent down showing the chain around his neck under the tufts of thick fur. "I send him in when we spot any suspicion, then we go in and rescue slaves."

"We?" She asked. Leo opened his mouth to answer but he was diverted to her bloody wrists. "They cut you deep." He took her hands in his, seeing the needles that burrowed into her skin. 

"Yeah, Angus put them on me. Venner detatched them from each other but the needles are too far in."

"Yeah. They're designed to stab the slave's wrists when they need to be punished."

They walked back towards the other two and Leo finally fixed his eyes upon the blonde, "Venner Benjamin Stagg." Leo stuck his hand out to introduce himself. "I'm Leo Blade. Its nice to finally meet you."

Venner smiled at the man, shaking his hand in a friendly manner, "The feeling is mutual, Sir. Hawk and Fallon always talk about you."

"I have a place for you three to stay tonight. Care to join us?"

"I'll go get the Dune." Hawk rushed over to he car, pulling it up to the group. Leo showing them the way to his safe dwelling. 

(REVISED)

"