28

Fallon walked out of the house and met her father just outside the door, he was ordering his people around, making sure that everything was in order for the day. She stood back and admired her father, he was still the same man, always in charge. "Little wisp!" His face lit up seeing his daughter, "You're finally up? Where is your entourage?"

She could hear the two men yelling from the top window of the house and she shrugged, "They're all tied up right now."

Leo chuckled at her response and didn't ask any more questions, "So, what are your plans?" He asked hugging her shoulders.

"Well, I thought I'd go out hunting with Faris and gather more food-"

"I mean, what are your plans with Hawk and Venner? You three show up out of the blue and I don't think we ever had the chance to talk about where you all are going."

Fallon looked up at her father with her round green eyes and nodded, "Hawk and Venner seem to think that there is a place where we can all live like we used to. A place where we can rebuild and make a new Elysium." She told him. "I mean, that's Hawk's reasoning. Venner, well...I think he should tell you about that." She didn't feel right sharing the man's desire to leave his home country.

"Is there room for one more in that rickety Dune?" He asked.

"You'd come with us?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of it.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight, Wisp." He hugged her on his chest and kissed the top of her head. He didn't care that she was too old to treat her like this, lost years came with lost affection. "Have you had breakfast?" He asked her, his eyes paternally analyzing her already. She shook her head. "Here." He reached into his pockets and handed her a Pearl. "You know what to do with that."

"Thank you."

He let out a high-pitched whistle and the wolf came running towards the two, white teeth glistening in the sun. It was no surprise that the large creature was eager to go out and explore with his master. "Be safe out there."

"Of course." She left the gates with Faris by her side, walking through the tall brush. The morning was quiet, nothing but the sound of birds chirping in the distance. She stooped low, seeing that Faris had heard something move in the tall grass. A hand grasped her shoulder and he jumped, wielding her knife only to see it was the familiar blonde she tied up before. "Don't sneak up on me like that!" She whispered.

"Sorry, I thought I'd join you."

"How did you even get out of my knots?" She asked.

"Let's just say, you're going to need a new boot lace." He snickered.

"Great." She rolled her eyes. "I'll have to figure out another form of torment for you both." She joked. She focused on Faris who was still staring off into the distance, he must see something, but he wasn't baring his teeth.

"Just stay quiet." She told him, Faris started growling and he darted forward into the brush and they both followed him from a distance. The growling of the wolf was the only guidance through the brush. Everything was going to plan until Faris yelped and a thud was heard. Fallon stopped, placing a hand on Venner's chest to keep him from moving.

She took out her hunting knife and slowly led the way to a clearing and the sight before her made her blood run cold. Venner was still shielded by the brush, her hand returned to him, keeping him out of sight. "What's happening?"

"Shh..."she said gently. She was motionless, not a muscle moved in fear of the thing spotting her. Faris lay on the ground, he was okay but he was knocked unconscious. "Tomper." She whispered to him, and the same fear Fallon had paused him as well. She could feel his chest rise and fall in sheer terror. Venner's heart felt like it was jolted with electricity. His body didn't know whether to stand his ground or retreat into the site. He stood, frozen behind Fallon as his brain told him to run.